Sign in to follow this  
devgrp

This is what DX-10 is all about

i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHZ

This CPU OC to 4,6GHz should not be a problem together with an additional CPU (air)cooler. I guess, the combination with a GTX780 would be well balanced then.

I am a convert to DX10 as of tonight!!...................it is such a difference and I am getting huge framerate difference. I used the simple converter kit and presto I am running...even got bloom active...changing to full screen is instant ...amazing! Thanks guys!`

Well, I'm glad you're a happy camper, Bruce!  :drinks:

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul.........it actually makes the whole experience realistic.....and I have no problems touch wood....only been using it for 2 hours! lol 

Hey Paul what should I do please. I have 2700K @ 4.7 with gtx670 looking to upgrade, should I get a 780 or upgrade CPU and Mobo which is a Asus P77 Deluxe. Regards Wayne. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Well as I converted to DX10 in early hours ....just booting up to see if it was all real or not LOL

I just got a new GTX 780 and it has made a world of difference in FSX. I'm coming from an ATI 7770 and the difference is night and day. I did a flight this morning on vatsim and decided to see how the sim would perform with fraps recording  and it did great. Here is small snippet. I'm running ASN, FTXGlobal and REX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLw2l7TVCsg&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8b-OpaxKiNxD8uHCse1B4Q

May I ask what monitor resolution are you running at?  I am still on the fence about DX-10, and I also have a 30 inch monitor at 2560x1600.  Currently I am running with a GTX680 4G

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

May I ask what monitor resolution are you running at? I am still on the fence about DX-10, and I also have a 30 inch monitor at 2560x1600. Currently I am running with a GTX680 4G

Thanks

23 inch monitor at 1080p

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

@ Wayne:

Hey Paul what should I do please. I have 2700K @ 4.7 with gtx670 looking to upgrade, should I get a 780 or upgrade CPU and Mobo which is a Asus P77 Deluxe. Regards Wayne.

Keep the 2700k (it's a beaut to overclock). You haven't put your system specs in your Profile, so I don't know anything else, like how it's cooled, BUT - on water, the 2700K can hit 5.0 - 5.1 gig, and will run fsx like no other. This is my preferred CPU. The 770 will work ok, but if money is no  particular object - the 780 will give you much better performance, less "worry" and a longer life-span.

@ Vu Pham

May I ask what monitor resolution are you running at?  I am still on the fence about DX-10, and I also have a 30 inch monitor at 2560x1600.  Currently I am running with a GTX680 4G.

2560 x 1600 is a very good size, both for performance - not too many pixels to paint, while displaying good horizontal and superior vertical field of vision. I would prefer this single monitor over my 3 x 19" TripleHead2Go 3840 x 1024 setup.

Hope this helps!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.