Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Music while flying recommendation

I'm starting to miss some music and chill out beats while flying, especially on VFR flights. Ambient/chill out music is the best for flying, so relaxing while watching the landscape. If you know the music that PilotsEye is playing during cruise, the one with a trumpet, or few relaxing tunes with a piano, you know exactly for what I'm looking for. :)

All recommendations are appreciated!

Cheers!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I believe Pilot's Eye, Viking Aviation, Just Planes, etc pay to get their music from some sort of collection made to be used in videos.  So it won't be that easy to find out the exact tune, unless you contact Pilot's Eye.

One suggestion I can give you is to check out some tracks from Yanni.  His music is pretty diverse but he does have some very good chill out instrumental stuff that goes very well with flying.

Another would be Kitaro.

Kitaro is great for flights around Asia...

I listen to an album called Bossa n' Roses it has a good selection of overall good relaxing music. Got mine on I tunes. I fly my folks and some company managers so they seem to like it as well. It is usually what is playing in my head phones. Other than that its CCR, and the such from the 60's. Good luck in your quest. Cpt out.

Just to add some chili to the cream cake I'd like to recommend Motörhead's latest. Works for all relaxation purposes and will keep you awake though even the most uneventful long hauls. B)

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

1,650 cu in, V12 Rolls Royce Merlin in all it's goodliness. ;-)

That and LiveATC. I'm not sure what it is about the voices on ATC, they always sound so reassuring.

I know neither of those are music, but it's my preferred simming sound accompaniment.

Mike

Found this hidden gem, perfect for VFR!

http://youtu.be/Z6ih1aKeETk

BTW I'm not listening to any music on IFR jetliner flights, ATC is really important. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Found this hidden gem, perfect for VFR!

http://youtu.be/Z6ih1aKeETk

BTW I'm not listening to any music on IFR jetliner flights, ATC is really important. :)

You made a good choice, Pe11e! Think I'm gonna get this album from iTunes; would make good driving music, too!

Alan  klingon.gif

Thanks!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I like classical music so, here is my list of aircrafts and their correspondent classicals

PMDG 747: ride of the valkyries

PMDG 777: Tchaikovsky 1812 overture "with cannons"

PMDG 737: Csardas

Aerosoft 320 x extended: bolero

Majestic q 400: dance of the bumblebee

Milviz 737: barber of Seville overture

Wilco e190/170: William tell overture

Edit: forgot the PMDG MD 11: deserves Aida grand march

Let's see...

- Come fly with me

- Leaving on a jet plane

- Fly me to the moon 

- Enola gay

- Learn to fly

- Fly away

And for those rare emergency situations,

- Flying without wings

Stargazer / man on the silver mountain / Blackdog.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Pink Floyd and Tangerine Dream.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png