Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

JF L-1011 Bad Sound?

I like the JF L-1011.  A very good add on if you don't mind flying "lite" aircraft.

JF claims the sound is by Turbine Sound Studios.  Now, I'm a huge fan of TSS and use their sound sets on just about all my planes, but, the sound in the L-1011 VC is a joke.  It's almost dead quiet in there when engines are at idle or you're just taxiing.  The external sound is very good, but I don't get why the VC is so quiet unless you're increasing the throttle for take off and when you're in flight.  It doesn't sound like a TSS sound set to me (even though it probably is).  Maybe JF edited the sound?

The issue I mentioned ruins the whole experience for me.  I think I'm going to use the TSS MD-11 GE sound set on the L-1011. 

Anybody else notice this?

Hi Maurice,

The sound-set is certainly from TSS and hasn't been edited by us.

Drop us a support ticket via the website and we can look into this.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

In most large aircraft there is hardly any engine sound (or gear or flaps sounds) in the cockpit - just wind noise. But for some the immersion is better when you boost the sound level. In my opinion developers should deliver addons with two options: "Loud sounds" and "Realistic sounds".

I use a lot of TSS sounds and have been very happy with them, so it sounds strange. I'm no expert on JustFlight aircraft, but the Constellation that comes with Preapr3D has strange sounds - almost like a loop over a loop over a loop. I've replaced it with the TSS DC-3 Daktoa soundset for now.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Also worth remembering that the L1011 engines are located right at the back of the aircraft so there is very little engine noise upfront even at takeoff. I agree though - it is nice to have them a little louder especially if it's a TSS sound set!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thank you for the help, guys.

Well, I checked out a few videos on youtube and the sound in their VC is fine.  So it looks like there may be an issue with my copy (boxed version) or a setting in my PC.

When I say mine is quiet, it's really quiet.  Almost silent when engines are at idle or taxiing.  I'm not talking about engine sounds, just the other sounds associated with the VC.

Martyn,

Thanks.  I will try again, maybe a fresh install, and I'll be checking settings on my PC.  If that doesn't solve it, I'll get a support ticket.