Sign in to follow this  

Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended ... can't start?

Posted this over at Aerosoft site also, but I can't seem to get the Twin Otter Extended started in P3DV2 ... I've gone thru the checklist about 5 times now getting a "Green" check on all the items ... but as soon as I hit the start switch I get a fire warning bell and the fire handles turn red ... somehow I immediately start an engine fire?

Anyone else having this issue?  

Cheers, Rob.

I'll take a look later. I have an idea what's causing it, but I'll need to check.

Thanks Jess, appreciate any insight you have.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

After a quick test, I've be unable to recreate the fault. Two attempts produced correct startups. My line of thinking was that it could be a simconnect issue, given I've seen a similar problem with the Katana 4X. There, once you start the engine, the CHT immediately redlined and seized the engine. Not an issue in fsx, just P3D 1.4. But on reflection, I know aerosoft use P3D to develop new aircraft, so I'm not sure it's the same issue these days.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Best wishes,

Jess B

Hey Rob,

I've had the issue you're talking about. Are you introducing fuel before you start? Sometimes if I started the engine, then introduced fuel, I would get a successful engine start-up.

Are you introducing fuel before you start?

Thanks for the responses.

I'm following the "Checklist" process to the letter see below:

OtterChecklist.jpg

Is this process NOT correct?

Cheers, Rob.

I'd check the fuel handles to ensure their off.

Read Finn's response over at Aerosoft ... that was indeed the issue ... I must have not been fully fuel mix OFF prior to 12% (even the slightest amount seems to cause a fire).  Startup is similar to the Duke except no fires in the Duke :)

Thanks for the help all ... this is a wonderful aircraft ... so versatile!