Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Landing gear problem in Duke B60 v2

Are we absolutely sure that it is the Tarmac Suspension option that is problematic, and not the Grass suspension instead?  I ask because I have crash detection set to on, I've selected Tarmac Suspension, and I have zero problems with the gear.  I also can belly land and ditch in the water without getting the crash detection.  Once I've come to a complete stop after a belly landing it sits there for about 30 seconds and then automatically FSX presents me with the End Flight dialogue box without having to hit ESC, but there is no crash recorded in the logbook.

I just now looked in my aircraft.cfg file after reading Solo1984's suggestion, and the value was indeed 3 comma 1.  I fixed it to 3.1 while I was in there, but even with it as a comma since the time I have owned V2, I still never experienced the gear or belly landing problems that others have commonly experienced, and I have no explanation for why I seem to be immune to those issues.

It doesn't happen all the time. Exactly when/where/why/how to me is unclear but now the problem never happens since I put in that typo fix.

I saw this typo error fix somewhere else too and put it in my config some time ago , hopefully they make a patch for the FSX v2 version and get rid of the typo in the P3D version thats coming as well. I'm surprised that they didn't jump on this and offer a patch. Does everyone that flys a realair just takeoff and fly around and never land it lol?

I really like the B60 and they always seem to be on top of things but this has gone unacknowledged for like a year. While I agree hitting invisible buildings is still a problem rarely at some airports one shouldn't have to turn off crash detection for a typo in an aircraft.cfg, It's an easy fix.

Edit: Just to clarify I also tested it with the fix with crash detection on and it works good, no stuck gear and does belly landing fine without any gear. This thread should be moved to the the Realair section so they notice it... 

The reason we did not feel this is urgent is because the whole aircraft is set up to be flown with crash detect off anyway. With crash detect off you can practice gear up landings (deliberate or accidental) and even land on water. We have special effects to enhance the gear up landings.

Crash detect is completely pointless. All it does is close then reset the flight with a message that you've hit something. I don't recall a real aircraft resetting itself or coming up with a convenient sign saying "you've crashed" as I think that is self evident!

Nevertheless we will be fixing the contact point error in the next update.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I don't recall a real aircraft resetting itself or coming up with a convenient sign saying "you've crashed" as I think that is self evident!

Very true :P , point taken. Thanks for the reply. Anxiously awaiting the P3D versions - 

Hi, I too have been waiting for the P3D v2.5 (let alone v3)version for several months. P3d seems to occupy a very low priority with RealAir, it's a pity because the Duke 2 (piston) is a very good aircraft.

Hi, I too have been waiting for the P3D v2.5 (let alone v3)version for several months. P3d seems to occupy a very low priority with RealAir, it's a pity because the Duke 2 (piston) is a very good aircraft.

No it is not a low priority. We are a small team of two and things take time to get right. T Duke first (out now). Legacy to follow (nearly finished) then the B60. We are not slaves and we work to what we can achieve keeping in mind other support, and having a life and a family. We are not obliged to release anything at all. What we are obliged to do is support what we've already released, and we do.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi, I am very glad that the update of the Real Air B60 v2 is still going to happen, it is a very nice aircraft,I did try to install it in P3Dv2.5 but was dogged by the undercarriage leg problem. I would even be prepared to pay again for the p3d v2.5 or the v3 if that comes available at some time. I apologise for my comment in my previous post.

The under carriage "leg problem" is instantly solved if you read the docs and set crash detect to off. That does not make it "dogged" problem. I appreciate your enthusiasm though. Please have some thought for the fact that we are not robots and we are not a giant corporation. We are just two people who try to deliver decent products. Thanks.

Hi, I am very glad that the update of the Real Air B60 v2 is still going to happen, it is a very nice aircraft,I did try to install it in P3Dv2.5 but was dogged by the undercarriage leg problem. I would even be prepared to pay again for the p3d v2.5 or the v3 if that comes available at some time. I apologise for my comment in my previous post.

Read the first page, the fix is there, there are incorrect numbers on the contact point section of the aircraft.cfg file that if you change to the right numbers that problem should go away

Hi Rob, Up till now I did not know the Real Air aircraft were created by only two people, that being the case it is amazing how good your aircraft really are, I have bought the B60v2 and the Turbine Duke, both excellent aircraft.Thanks a lot

This thread addresses my issue thank you AVSIM community

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

On 12/31/2014 at 11:37 AM, solo1984 said:

point.0 =1,  0.82,  0.00, -3.75,  4000,  0,  0.633,  35,  0.13,  1.80,  0.35,   3.1, 3.1, 0,  152, 180 //Tarmac, non-castoring
point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94,  6000,  1,  1.00,    0,   0.30,  2.50, 0.36,    3.1, 3,1, 2,  152, 200
point.2 =1, -8.04,  5.00, -3.94,  6000,  2,  1.00,    0,   0.30,  2.50, 0.36,    3.1, 3.1, 3,  152, 200

Replace the comma by a dot, and that's all folks! No need for turning off the crash detection any more!!!

What coma is to be replaced? Can we just copy and paste your example above. Because what you show above is exactly what I have in my aircraft.cfg file and I do have the left landing gear problem.

Please advise.

Bat

Ing Zimmerman

44 minutes ago, Capbat99 said:

What coma is to be replaced? Can we just copy and paste your example above. Because what you show above is exactly what I have in my aircraft.cfg file and I do have the left landing gear problem.

Please advise.

Bat

See the red 3,1??  replace the comma with a period.

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94,  6000,  1,  1.00,    0,   0.30,  2.50, 0.36,    3.1, 3,1, 2,  152, 200

Sorry, I made it bolder and underlined it.  Didn't take into consideration the possibility of colorblindness.

Edited by charliearon

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: