Sign in to follow this  
DJBarnesy

When clicking Shift+1-9 the panels appear but they are invisible?

Hey guys, 

1. So I have recently set up my FSX with 2 monitors using AMD EyeInfinity software and it has been working perfectly, until when I need to access either the GPS or the switches that show when you click shift 1-9. When I try and bring them up they show an out line of a box that they are there but the panel is invisible. I can interact with it when I move the cursor over it but I can't see anything on the panel? I have looked for many threads to see if anyone else had this issue but I can't find any. I have tried tweaking the panel.cfg file with changing the size, location and visibility but still no luck. If anybody could help, it will be greatly appreciated!

2. When I do any free flight and go to interact with the plane, everything seems to be in slow-mo. ie. When I fly the C172 it feels like I am flying a B747 with the movements being slow and the speeds ascending slowly. I have the simulation rate on normal so that isn't the issue. If anyone has any ideas, be sure to let me know.

Cheers,

Jake 

Try unplugging the second monitor and see if problem persists. Chances are something in your dual setup is screwy. That's where I'd start looking. Does the same thing happen if you select the window using the menu?

I don't believe it affects the popup windows but check that your panel transparency is set to none.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hey Vic,

I just tried un-plugging the second monitor and the problem is still there. I went into the fsx.cfg and changed widescreen_mode=True to widescreen_mode=False but still no luck. I tried getting the windows up by using the menu but it still was unsuccessful.

Just re-installed and it was good until I changed to Widescreen and when I go back to the 1 screen it stuffs up still. It must change some config file permanently or something? 

My personal fix is to put 2D panels completely out of business (use vc only and move about using different vc view options).

To avoid selecting 2D panel view by mistake, I comment out the Window00=Main Panel line in the [Window Titles] section of the relevant panel.cfg so it reads like this:

[Window Titles]
//Window00=Main Panel

This way, should I call out the main 2D panel by mistake (happens when you quickly switch vc views using A and Shift+A to cycle), I don't get the endless loading cursor glitch with no panel appearing (typical of Eyefinity) but a nice full-screen front view instead.

I'm aware there is a fix with resized 2D gps, throttle and radio panels which you can search and dload, but personally I find it much easier to avoid 2D altogether.

So it works until you go widescreen. That's odd. I'd look at your video resolution and driver. Is your monitor set to native and is it the same in FSX?

Have you checked with Eyefinity?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

@Lurk Thanks man, yeah i will definitely try that out, cheers.

@Vic The resolution is 3840x1080 graphics drivers all up to date

try setting the 2D panel transparency to 100% and running. Then set it back to 0% and see if that changes anything.

Also, if running W7 or Vista - toggle AERO in the same way.

And ALT-ENTER toggle

If you bring up the GPS and get the outline and right click and UNDOCK - can you drag it to another monitor and does it change anything?

Vic