Sign in to follow this  
autopilot

Are these Vectors/Paths same as of Real World?

Hello, Guys!

You please see photo: So are these flight paths/vectors same as real World or these are simulator's own? Real World Pilots and Airlines use the same paths as given in FSX? What do you guys say? 

I think I've not asked this question before. :rolleyes: .

mxgu.png

They represent real world airways at the time FSX was released.

DJ

And here: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

You can update them all to current.

They've given many downloads in the web page you've given. So which one should I have to download? Give me it's direct link plz.

They represent real world airways at the time FSX was released.

DJ

These were real world airways when FSX was released. So do they (Airlines and FAA) change them on regular basis?

These will update vor, ndb. fixes, waypoints etc. They do not update airways or contain procedures etc. It is possible to get errors when using the default flight planner, after updating, and specifying airways as the waypoints on an airway have changed. But  hey, its still better than 8 yr old data.

I use it in combination with FS commander for flying GA aircraft on Vatsim, and that works like a charm.

...These were real world airways when FSX was released. So do they (Airlines and FAA) change them on regular basis?...

The controlling authorities in each nation change them when needed (for all kinds of reasons). In the US, the addition of 'Q' (RNAV GPS) airways has added a number of new paths and some old paths have gone away or been modified. Just like city streets, the object is to move traffic from place to place.

DJ