Sign in to follow this  
ironbird

Your top 5 airport scenery + airport city area

Hey guys and gals, happy 2014 to you all. 

Not sure if there is such topic around, at least I do not see a recent one.

Ok, if you are interested, put your top 5 of airport scenery's that are also having top notch scenery for the city area where the airport is located, i.e KJFK with NYC area, something like DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - MIAMI CITY 2012 FS2004 . Of course, the makers of the airport and the city area may not be the same.

Here you go, cheers.

You all migrated to FSX? LOL, joking. Come on, share some thoughts on this.

I'v been on FSX only since about 2008... but my favourite FS9 scenery has an FSX version.

NL2000

The entire country of The Netherlands. Amazing scenery, amazing detail, heaps of airports, one (huge massive) scenery package. FREE

Amsterdam? yup, Both city and airport included.
Rotterdam The Hague? Yep all there

Eindhoven, Groningen, Maastricht, Sure are!

Deelen Air Base, Leeuwarden Air base better believe it.

Random tiny airports for Cessnas - Yep.

NL2000 version 3 is for FS9

FSX version is NL2000 v 4.05

http://www.nl-2000.com

SunSky Jet's KPHL is amazing.  Definitely Payware quality freeware.

FlyTampa's KBOS and KMDW

For GA flying, Ed 'Geneer' Cox' KGFL (Glens Falls)  and 5B2 (Saratoga County) are outstanding (Freeware in the Library)

Pellston Regional Airport (KPLN) by Matthias Rauh is also outstanding and available in the library as well.  Only downside is there isn't much right around the area but the airport is great, with a lot of custom work, including moving traffic on the roads around the airport. 

For a really immersive Alaska bush experience, Holger Sandmann's Glacier Bay (Freeware), Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords (Payware) in conjunction with Aerosoft's PANC, Victoria+ and FSAddon's Vancouver+ can't be beat.

FlyTampa Kai Tak

Aerosoft Mallorca

Aerosoft Ibiza

Drzewiecki Miami 2012

I can only think of those 4 at the moment because the rest of my FS9 add ons haven't been installed yet.  Did a fresh FS9 install a few months back and I've been too busy flying so I've only installed a few sceneries.

In addition to what has already been listed (all of which I heartily agree with), I would mention Flight Zone 1 and 2 - Rhode Island and Portland, both of which are excellent.

Two MASSIVELY under-rated addons are the Flight Ontario Toronto and Hamilton. These are payware quality addons for free - and when you combine them with all the rest of the Flight Ontario and CanUK sceneries, you (almost) get the entirety of the province of Ontario at Holger Sandmann quality. The Flight Ontario, and CanUK sceneries are always among the first to get installed - and when you add the other addons for the area by people like Roger Wenesley, there isn't hardly a single Ontario airport that isn't ungraded... or when coupled with Ultimate Terrain, a bit of terrain that isn't made correct.

I also install any and everything by Robin Corn (New Zealand) pretty early and I follow that with VOZ...

Surprised no-one has yet mentioned London.

You have VFR Photo scenery, VisualFlight London scenery, with UK2000 airports Heathrow, London City, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton (also EireSim's version.) AES support for the lot. Lots of flying here. :rolleyes:  Spectating too ... that river traffic is amazing.

How about FranceVFR Paris, Cloud 9's Rome and Florence, Lago's sublime Venice and Skysoft's Lhasa Gonggar in Tibet. Mustn't forget SKYHIGHSIM's Tivat and Switzerland Pro with FSDreamteam's Zurich and Geneva thrown in for good measure.

Must also give a guernsey to Megascenery North and South California with FSDreamtime's KLAX, FlightBeam's KSFO and either FlyTampa's or LatinVFR's KSAN.

I downloaded the demo and will try it tonight.

Therefore you will make your own assessment according to your own standards. :rolleyes:

How is FSDreamteam's KJFK? I downloaded the demo and will try it tonight.

All FSD products are 10 out of 10 ; )

- Drzewiecki Design Warsaw 2013 (really looking forward to his Tallinn Scenery - also including the city, according to his forum)

- Simbreeze Tenerife South together with Project Canarias 2006

- Aerosoft Vilnius

- a lot of LatinVFR Sceneries have modelled surrounding city areas; particularly Guatemala has a nice rendition of the city relief and the nearby volcanoes.

- once it will be finished, this will be fine: http://saiti.ge/UGTB_Tbilisi.html

Sadly, there will obviously be no FS9 version of Taxi2Gate MMMX v3.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Any airport done by ISD all free, plus LIRN also free including scenery of Napoli and Vesuvius which errupts if you fly on certain dates.

Another that I remember from my FS9 days:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/14448-voz-downloads-fs9-milehigh-productions-9dragons-kai-tak-airport-hong-kong/

9 Dragons Kai Tak airport and Hong Kong city.

I believe it removes Chek Lap Kok VHHH though. But it's pretty amazing scenery!

& Free.

Vista Australis 1.8 = All of Australia

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/502-voz-18-complete/

Used to fly in that scenery most.

There's some updates for some airports now too

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/16-voz-downloads-fs9/

(the NL2000 is still my favourite though. It's seriously the quality of about 5 payware airports and a photoreal + 3d objects region pack all for free! I have seen single airport sceneries with less detail for $30+ Some (most? ooo) Orbx FTX regions have less stuff in them! If they sold NL2000 for $45 I'd still reccomend it. But they provide it for free! Seriously get NL2000 and don't limit yourself to EHAM either, go to EHRD and EHEH and EHGG and EHBK. Maybe familiarize oneself with the Transavia route structure ;) here's a link to some useful charts and info http://www.dutchvacc.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=70)