Sign in to follow this  
Jetx44

Engine issues

Happy New Years everybody

Say, I am having issues with my engines staying on.   I do my normal cold set up like always.  Just when I am starting to taxi my engines stop running for a few secs and then come back online.  You would never know when it does it.  I could be in flight and they would shut down and the come back online.  I am not getting any messages saying that there are issues.  I have never had this problem before and it flights just great until recently.  Any ideas for me?

Jason

Weird one.

I'd go with that empty CMOS battery thing causing registration problems again.

Is your PCs clock running correctly?

Rob Robson

Yes, my clock works good.  It is strange though.  It was totally working fine since I purchased it.  I am not sure what to do?  I am hoping that the service pack will fix it.

Hmmm....

You are sure the engines actually turn off?

They dont just go to a lower (idle) power setting? (due to a thrust lever hardware problem)

Because if the engines really shut down, you would normally get an EICAS Eng Fail message.

And make sure you try a fresh flight (dont start from a self saved flight or situation or panel state)

Rob Robson

Also don't start from Cold&dark for the time being, use Long turn.

what is funny is that I am currently flying my PMDG 737 and it is also doing the same thing.  I have not tried my other planes yet.  I sure try the default planes too.

I don't think it is a hardware problem.  When the plane is on autopilot, I get this engine off on issue and you never know when it will do it.  I also got it to do it on the triple while taxing and using my throttles manually.  I think I have to try other aircraft and the default planes to see if it also will do it with them.  I will let you know.  If it does it again using the defaults, then it has to be FSX and a coruption of some kind.

If it is PMDG aircraft only that do this, then try deleting the FSUIPC.ini file (this will delete all joystick settings, but has fixed many different problems for many users)

• Upvote 1

Rob Robson

Just took a flight in the PMDG 737. No issues at this time!!!  Maybe deleting the FSUIPC,ini did the job??  I have not tried the triple 7 yet.  I will do a flight soon.  Thanks 777 simmer! So far so good.

Happy New Years everybody

Say, I am having issues with my engines staying on.   I do my normal cold set up like always.  Just when I am starting to taxi my engines stop running for a few secs and then come back online.  You would never know when it does it.  I could be in flight and they would shut down and the come back online.  I am not getting any messages saying that there are issues.  I have never had this problem before and it flights just great until recently.  Any ideas for me?

Jason

Hi, I have a similar problem after shutting down both engines when i restart them again, only one engine 1 spools up the other, engine number 1, remains idle and it doesn't spool up no mater how many times i try pushing the throttle up or down or turning them off and on again. I tried both my throttle axis and keyboard keys. Any help would be appreciated.

Ps. Im talking about the Pmdg777

Hi, I have a similar problem after shutting down both engines when i restart them again, only one engine 1 spools up the other, engine number 1, remains idle and it doesn't spool up no mater how many times i try pushing the throttle up or down or turning them off and on again. I tried both my throttle axis and keyboard keys. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, Khan,

Two questions,

1) How is your throttle axis assigned?  There was a bug in FS9 that one engine would stop responding to the joystick throttle, not sure if it was carried over into FSX.  I assign mine through FSUIPC, although I have to say PMDG doesn't recommend this.

2) Do you usually use the same panel or startup state?  If so, try a different one.  Sometimes panel states get corrupted. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2