Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Why Can't FSS Charge in Other Currencies?

I just bought FTX G and I had to pay a ridiculous amount of conversion because I was charged in Australian dollars. Why can't they just charge in other currencies as well?

Its based out of Australia so perhaps that's the issue, that would be where they bank, and they don't want to pay bank conversions on money from other nations.

When I travel in my RV into USA, the first thing that happens is that I can't use my Canadian money and even if it's at par or above Us$ I get dinged charges for converting over....drives me nuts how much I "lose" just because of banks and the banking machine...even though I do all the work and pay such exorbitant banking fees.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Because they don't want to pay the conversion? Sooner or later the transaction has to convert to their currency and you're the one who pays for the conversion.

DJ

Euro for all!

Oh no! If we're gonna agree on using an existing currency for all countries please don't let it be one with such a rubbish name. Dong for everyone!

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Euro for all!

Disagree - Bitcoin is the way to go. :P

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Oh no! If we're gonna agree on using an existing currency for all countries please don't let it be one with such a rubbish name. Dong for everyone!

LOL

As Macklemore would say...

"Only got 20 dongs in my pocket..."  :LMAO:

Dong for everyone!

Ah the Dong. You know where you are with a Dong in your hand! :blink:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Yeah it sucks. Why can't the world just have 1 common currency. 

Euro for all!

I think the Chinese Yuan ......... more stable than the dollar !  :lol:  :lol:

LOL

As Macklemore would say...

"Only got 20 dongs in my pocket..."  :LMAO:

Not to mention how many men would be left by their wives because they didn't have enough Dong.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Because good business practice is to charge in the same currency you pay your expenses in.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

This thread will get too dirty and will get closed. I'll bet my last Dong on it! :O

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

This thread will get too dirty and will get closed. I'll bet my last Dong on it! :O

Causing the closure of a thread due to rampant dirty jokes is one of my life goals, but just for you here's something more aviation related to keep it clean.

post-261034-0-85310700-1389041797.jpg

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I've heard of Flying Elephants, Flying Pigs, and Flying Tea-Cups, and now we have a Flying Dong...

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.