Sign in to follow this  
declantraianou

PMDG 777 ILS landing

hi, can somebody help me with the ils landing for the PMDG 777? i have the nix and is pretty straight forward but i cannot figure out where i put the frequency's in and how i actually set it up. please help!

hi, can somebody help me with the ils landing for the PMDG 777? i have the nix and is pretty straight forward but i cannot figure out where i put the frequency's in and how i actually set it up. please help!

Program your approach in the DEP/ARR page in the FMC, and it will automatically input the Navigation Radio information. From there, maintain the height of the last waypoint (usually around 2000 feet), and press "app" when the glde slope indicators (pink marks) appear around one bar up from the middle on the PFD. Ensure LNAV or heading select is armed beforehand.

okay thank you! so i have to pick an ILS landing in the DEP/ARR and it automatically inputs the frequency so really to get the ILD i only have to be at the correct altitude and just press the APP?

okay thank you! so i have to pick an ILS landing in the DEP/ARR and it automatically inputs the frequency so really to get the ILD i only have to be at the correct altitude and just press the APP?

More or less. Give it a shot and see if it works out. It should also be explained in the manuals.

When flying to the ILS axe, push the LOC button to establish on the localizer, then when established, push the APP button. You will follow the LOC and the GS.

thanks guys. i did not receive the manuals so i havent been able to see. ill try it tonight, thanks!

uh? why is that? You know there is a little software coming with the T7 called "Operations center". Select the PMDG 777-200 and look up the documentation there.. lot of interesting things in there btw. :)

did you find it?

No download look in

<FSX Install dir>\PMDG\PMDG 777X\Flight Manuals

There you will find the manuals as .pdf files

/Per

Per W Sweden

You don't have to download them, they are placed on your system by the 777 installer. You can access them directly as stated by Per in his post above or you can access them from the Operations Center. Select 777 from the dropdown then click on "Documentation" in the menu.

John Sturm