Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Carenado B1900D Released

I've taken a couple spins around in the B1900D after finally downloading. Visuals are great and very good fps overall. Handling is very good but then I'm not sure what a real turboprop is like so take it for what it's worth. Interior sounds seem like they should be louder as I've been on some Great Lakes B1900Ds at the front of the cabin and the engine noise was very loud.

I'll report back on the FMS once I get to utilize it for more than pattern work. Overall I'm pretty happy so far, a few bugs to work out but I think it's a winner for me.

Now it's between the Razbam Metroliner and this one.  I'm leaning towards the Metroliner since it feels fresh and new.  This B1900 VC looks familiar for some reason and it seems I'm not flying a lot of my Carenados.  Anyone have the Metroliner?  It looks fantastic but so does this new Carenado.

I've taken a couple spins around in the B1900D after finally downloading. Visuals are great and very good fps overall. Handling is very good but then I'm not sure what a real turboprop is like so take it for what it's worth. Interior sounds seem like they should be louder as I've been on some Great Lakes B1900Ds at the front of the cabin and the engine noise was very loud.

I'll report back on the FMS once I get to utilize it for more than pattern work. Overall I'm pretty happy so far, a few bugs to work out but I think it's a winner for me.

I've just purchased and downloaded.  Looking forward to flying this when I get home.

Carenado aircraft always seem to have low volume engine sounds when in the cockpit.  Perhaps their simulating pilots wearing a nice set of Bose A20's...........not sure.

Anyway I hope you're enjoying the test flight.

Hirdy

Now it's between the Razbam Metroliner and this one. I'm leaning towards the Metroliner since it feels fresh and new. This B1900 VC looks familiar for some reason and it seems I'm not flying a lot of my Carenados. Anyone have the Metroliner? It looks fantastic but so does this new Carenado.

The Metroliner is a winner. I highly recommend it.

Seeing as the site is porked, anyone care to share the price, features and so on? Can the FMS be updated?

Ya I too will like to here the length to which the FMS is modelled

Its says the FMS won't work with the RXP option. I wish that they would have never put the Garmin and Avideyne in ther at all. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi there,

I couldn't resist and purchased it as I couldn't wait any longer for a newer B1900. I used to spot these here in Cleveland (KCLE) all the time, ugly yet beautiful!

My first impressions are only from a "direct to" flight (not using the FMS) from KCLE to KBUF in some pretty hefty winter weather to say the least. She performed beautifully, I was really impressed especially since this was my first Carenado purchase in quite some time.

Exterior and VC modeled superbly, as expected from Carenado. It feels like the FDE is accurate too, actually a bit similar to the Razbam Metroliner (which I love BTW). The winds in KBUF were pretty stiff, yet almost due headwind at 26 kts. ASN bounced me around on final and I had to work really hard keeping her on the centerline. Touchdown was pretty (not), but hey in this weather you just need to plant them and don't try to win prices with a greaser.

I like the clickspots Carenado now has (like I said, first Carenado purchase in a while) and accessing GPS, Avidine, autopilot etc. was a breeze.

Various docs are included for the FMS, Avidyne, emergency procedures, performance tables etc. The price was $39.95 and there is also a separate installer for a number of very nice repaints free of charge.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this aircraft's quality (and price point) and can't wait to give the FMS a more thorough check. FPS are a non-issue with this add-on on my system.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

My first impressions are only from a "direct to" flight (not using the FMS) from KCLE to KBUF

How well did it handle the icing conditions?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm excited to see feedback, this will most likely be a purchase instantly upon return to my FS computer later this week.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

How well did it handle the icing conditions?

Well, very well...............maybe too well. It's hard to say, I'll have to do more testing, but on this flight I had all icing protection on and there was no problem at all.

I didn't see anything in their product description that would lead me to believe icing is simulated, and/or has an adverse effect on the FDE, but I shall try another flight into know icing (in the sim only of course ;-)

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Glad to hear some early reviews! Anyone dug in more on the FMS? Curious as well about its implementation and support.

Dang, my wallet is still quivering from all the flightsim goodies I bought with my Christmas bonus, but if this comes in with good reviews it will be hard to resist.  

The Skymaster is the only other Carenado plane I own, and I love it for low-and-slow flying.

Richard P. Kelly

Sounds like the so called"FMC" is coupling with the RealityXP GNS, if you have it insatlled. Funky man!