Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Carenado B1900D Released

Does their RealityXP Garmin option work in P3D-V2?

I have not yet bought the 1900 but I can already tell you.... NO. Someone needs to crack that nut!

Surely they know a lot of people don't like the way they do glass avionics?

I guess they only read thrir facebook page where they're praised as the saviours of GA...

The 'FMC' is the default GPS in disguise. No navigraph, nothing.

Yup.... RXP GNS530 WAAS with June 2011 database is the norm for Carenado. The nice bit with RXP though is it can do WAAS coupled approaches and I know of no other product in FS that can.

Also, RXP is nearly an exact Replica of the real world counter part in Carenado and Real Air planes.

If you need real cycle updates for the RXP though... Well... World wide annual price is $800 a year. Fill your boots. I am just glad Carenado at least continues to give the option to integrate my 430 and 530's into their planes. Wish it worked in P3D. As it stands... P3Dv2 is a VFR platform with it's 2007 navdata and lack of real garmin goodness and missing PMDG platforms.

PMDG and Majestic in FSX if you want fully functional FMC devices that can take Navigraph updates. Will the JS41 do the vertical guidance on an approach? Man I have to fly it some more. Love that one.

The 1900 is the stretch limo version of the B200 and I imagine in many ways that it behaves in much the same way. I will be getting it.

Charles.

Surely they know a lot of people don't like the way they do glass avionics?

I guess they only read thrir facebook page where they're praised as the saviours of GA...

Carenado has never built an FMC. Just re-organized default FSX GPS made to look like one. I looked on Airliners and there are a cockpit shot or two with a GNS430 but also the FMC on the floor. I wonder if there are some with just Garmin devices only? Could not find shots like that. Is the FMC standard issue? The guy several posts up stating he flew one said his only had garmin's.

I think if Carenado was to "make an FMC" that could take Navigraph... The D1900 would be released in 2 more years from now. Like the dev cycle of PMDG.

C.

There are 1900s with only GPS's. In fact the early ones didn't have any.

It wouldnt take them two years if they didn't reinvent the wheel. Do a steam HSI because their EHSI is not good and then contact Ernie Alston so his GNS-XLS can be used as the FMC. Charge the same amount and you're done.

In theory anyway lol

"Will the JS41 do the vertical guidance on an approach?"

yup.

ZORAN

It wouldnt take them two years if they didn't reinvent the wheel. Do a steam HSI because their EHSI is not good and then contact Ernie Alston so his GNS-XLS can be used as the FMC. Charge the same amount and you're done.

In theory anyway lol

Interesting. I guess though if we expect RealAir/PMDG/A2A quality from Carenado... Expect about 1/5th as many releases? Carenado pops out quite a few planes in a year where we seem to go a year to 2 years per release with everyone else.

Charles.

So who's lying?? Does it have a full FMS? According to PC Pilot:

Carenado has also implemented a new B1900D Flight Management System (FMS).

Secondly, on the Carenado site:

FMS will not work when used together with Reality XP GNS530.

Does their RealityXP Garmin option work in P3D-V2?

No, well for 400.00 it will.

Not that I'm surprised with the lacking FMC, but be interesting to see how a retrofitted ISG GNSXLS FMC will work.

Be a good option IF Carenado would leave the openings in the VC model for them. Many times they use a 3d setup. If their not going to use real world or crappy displays, I sure wish they would allow the integration of third party gauges.

In theory anyway lol

Thing is, it's impossible to reach them to even suggest that. I've never seen them reply to anything whatsoever.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Interesting. I guess though if we expect RealAir/PMDG/A2A quality from Carenado... Expect about 1/5th as many releases? Carenado pops out quite a few planes in a year where we seem to go a year to 2 years per release with everyone else.

Charles.

Yes and this is a good point. All I'm saying is that it would be possible for them to focus on their strengths and use someone like Ernie to make what most people feel is missing from their products. Wouldnt take much longer. And they would probably sell more.

Could anyone that has it comment on the FMS functionality based on the included FMS .pdf file?  Is there anything in the .pdf file that says the FMS data can be updated?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Cannot shut up the traffic advisory ######. TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC TRAFFIC.

Also there is no 8 in the 3rd digit of the altimeter. On another note I cannot believe I was censored for rhymes with itch in my previous posting.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Could anyone that has it comment on the FMS functionality based on the included FMS .pdf file?  Is there anything in the .pdf file that says the FMS data can be updated?  

This would be great to have before making a purchase, this thread may of use once more replies happen: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/431481-fms-functionality/

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Cannot shut up the traffic advisory ######. TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC TRAFFIC.

Also there is no 8 in the 3rd digit of the altimeter. On another note I cannot believe I was censored for rhymes with itch in my previous posting.

I have also the issue with the traffic alert which never stops

I'd have used the silly Romanesque like/dislike feature to express this, but the thumbs have gone missing (good riddance)... Anyhow, Lee and Charles are hitting the nail right on the head.

If the likes of PMDG or Majestic had been crafting this, the development time would have been much longer, and I can't help but think the compromises would have been ironed out. That last 10-20% worth of accuracy makes a sim plane exponentially better to many simmers, and sales figures usually reflect that.