Sign in to follow this  
captain420

OpusFSX Live Camera vs EZDok

The latest Beta Version 3.46.4 has just about finalised all the above and allowed the walk or fly arounds to be conducted at a walking pace. I will post Beta Version 3.46.4 as a release version very soon.

Thanks to everyone that has provided helpful comments, feedback, and of course friendly suggestions.

Stephen :-)

So, in my search for a "realistic" head shake/movement mod for P3D v2, I came upon this thread. I'd like to agree with others here who said a seperate Live Camera program for both FSX and P3D would do well. I would be entering my credit card info as I type if it were available. As it is now, looks like I'll be waiting to see what comes of EZDok.

I would seriously consider the seperate Live Camera. It would probably "fly off the shelf" so to speak.

2ic1x7d.jpg

As I personally use only the camera features from OpusFSI, I agree that it has the potential to "fly off the shelf" if it were a separate product.

I have a feeling that this may be unlikely as their DHM (camera shake and head movement) effects are closely tied in to the their weather engine for turbulence effects etc.

Daz

IMO the live camera utility is reaching maturity now. Camera transitions with trackIR will shortly be as good as ezdok, and with a good imagination, the new camera panning options give the flexibility to produce some stunning possibilities. The only downside when compared to ezdok I can see is the lack of world cameras. K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Near as I can tell, much of the world camera functionality can be had using FSRecorder tower cameras.

Barry Friedman

OpusFSI has the new Panning Sequences allowing users to configure very creative view sequences, various walk and fly arounds, VC head movements to look left, right, check out the views, perform instrument scans etc.. World camera views will be added at some future date.

Live Camera also has the excellent Live Camera Control feature with support for GanePad controllers, and of course real world DHM based on actual real world captured 3D accelerometer data on board real aircraft, it's as real as it gets.

There would be no point in separating Live Camera from Live Weather and especially not Live View of course. You would not end up with a low cost camera program (if you want that then buy OpusFSX). The costly ongoing software development and support doesn't really allow for that. You should really think of the various features as added extras and not something you are having to pay extra for. The product is also designed for those who wish to achieve max realism in the sim. This means it is always best to combine Live Weather with Live Camera with its RW DHM, intelligent DHM turbulence that is coordinated and controlled in real time by the LWE. The primitive meteorological data within the sim is far too crude to compare and provide such control.

Near as I can tell, much of the world camera functionality can be had using FSRecorder tower cameras.

Thanks for that I'll take a look :) I was NOT going to contemplate switching between Opus and EZdok repeatedly!!! :O

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Is this geared toward fixed wing aircraft or does it work (camera views) equally well in rotary aircraft? Can I also ask if you can have the option of banking to port side and the head tilts over and vice verca?

Keith Sandford.

Applicable to all aircraft types including rotary, there's also a DHM option for Rotorcraft, and AHM provides useful automated head motions. OpusFSI also includes excellent Panning Sequences which can be used for all sorts of motions including looking left/right, instrument scans, walk arounds, etc..