Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

What happened to EZDOK v2?

I have a love & hate relationship with EZDOK. Love it when everything is setup and works, hate when having to set it up for a new aircraft or wanting something to do but I don't know how.

As a matter of fact, currently I don't have it installed anymore.

I hoped / counted on version 2 to make things more user friendly and easier to setup.

After some very promising previews, the developer seems to have vanished in thin air... 

Does anyone have any idea what happened and why the project was abandoned?

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

EZdok deserves the AVSIM Gold Award. It transforms FSX and it's an addon I use on every flight. Once you learn how to setup an airplane it becomes easier.

What I read was that the dev was ill. I hope he is doing better.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't think that v2.0 will ever see the light of day. That said, it's an add-on that I use for each flight, too. There are a group of tutorials on YouTube that helped me immensely (sorry, don't have the time to link to them), and once you've set up a couple of aircraft, it becomes easier and easier to set up others.

I can't imagine simming without EZDok. It's the type of add-on that I miss when I use other sims (TS2014, RoF, etc.)!

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I may add that the difficulty I experience with EZDOK is in combination with TrackIR....

Still... one of these days, I will take time to try again in making it work the way I'd like.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Never had issues with Trackir and Ezdok. Occasionally switching from outside view back to VC, my view will be facing the wrong way, but I simply reset my view an all is good.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor