Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

777 memory leak

having had ctd issues with the 777 since I first got it the week it was released I gave up flying it after numerous failed flights that ended in ctd s.

of course there are numerous other customers who are also suffering from the same issues and I know we are waiting for a fix etc etc. I tried everything to solve the issue ,all that has been suggested here with sliders and performance and addon scenery and so on  but still got the problem.

so since I stopped flying it I have experimented by just having the 777 sitting at an airport no flying nothing just loading it up and leaving it there without a flight plan and what I have found is that weather or not I am at a complex addon scenery airport or a basic default one there is a memory leak with the 777 and after an hour or two or less the sim becomes noticeably slower when for example trying to access a drop down menu like time and season. initially is instant as expected but after some time can take from 2 mins to 25 mins to load the time and season options screen..

sometimes it wont load it at all and the sim ends up crashing.

anyway I have done this a lot and always the same result sim grinds to a halt or very slow. if I leave the aircraft and do nothing it will generally sit there all day in the vc and not crash .but on these occasions if I try to load a flight and set up the plane with all the complex routing and fixes it just cant take it and will freeze or crash often during taxi or shortly after take off.

to me this shows that although my pc is more than capable of running the 777 smoothly initially the memory leak is continually building to the point where the pc can no longer cope.

fix the leak and the problem solved because its not the 777 that's to heavy on resources in its self.

kav

no problem with any default plane or other addon ac

kav

I have also grounded my 777 until release of SP1. I experienced no T7 related CTD's, the main problem I had was with the continuous freezes, adding up to 2 hours to any flight. Without exception, these freezes would last between 5 and 30 minutes, except for the last one, which lasted for 10 hours. Being unable to exit FSX or get the computer to respond at all, I was forced to restart the computer, not something I want to do often considering how expensive this pc was.

I am hopeful that SP1 will fix this issue, because I am definitely going to get the 777-300ER as well. I just love this plane too much to want to abandon it. Here's to hoping PMDG gets it fixed, because, warts and all at the moment, this really is my favourite add on.

I bought the 777, never done more than 3 or 4 flights and lost interest. Started using it again but now on every flight, my windows is chiming for oom and fps drop to single figures with graphics anomalies. On it happens with the 777, never with 737 and the few flights tested with I used the inbuilt time accel feature, maybe this doesn't help? Will test without using this feature.

-Iain Watson-

I've been having problems too.  Glad to know I'm not alone on this.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hi all,

First of all, let me say Im no expert in what comes to pc specs and finetuning it. Im sad to hear that you have grounded your T7 due to ctd's and oom's.

My pc is 3 years old, and at the time it was quite high end, not anymore. I can still run plenty of addons and the T7 with minor issues. Let me try to explain further. After 2 years of using fsx with my new rig, I had to format my hard drives and re-install everything. Once I did that, I followed carefully all the information regarding setup and tweaks found from these (and many others) forums. I believe it has helped me a lot.

Every pc and its setup is different, I believe there cant be two exactly the same configuration pc's out there. This means that what works with me, may not work with you. And vice versa.

I still face some oom's and ctd's, for example when flying night time from aerosoft EFHK to Flytampa Dubai. Plus I have at least 10 other add-on airports installed. Im using rex essential plus overdrive with active sky weather, pfpx, aivlasoft efb, multiple environment texture packages etc... the list goes on. My graphix options via fsx is in farely high settings, however, with no traffic, no cars, no boats.. You have to sacrifice something...

I know its frustrating when ctd or oom happens, I have overcome that by having autosave option enabled via FSUIPC. That gives me some flexibility. Its not the ideal situation, but I can still fly the T7 with -20 or so fps on the ground and +20 in the air.

The point here Im trying to make is (i quess) that search the forums for tweaking quides, make a clean install (if not done already), adjust sliders and see what happens. Forget using hd4096*4096 clouds etc. You have to make some sacrifices.

At first point I was also quite disappointed as my first run ended up in ctd and parked the beast for a while. However, when I came back, I adjusted some settings and now its manageable. Eveyrtime I fly this bird, I like it even more. It is superb and I have taken a challenge and promised myself reading all the documentation that came with the product, thoroughly, so I understand it better.

It is fun to fly manually as well:)

I hope you all find a way to tweak your systems so that you can run it with decent fps, it is worth the hassle!

Cheers

Thomas

It's all in the tuning.  Remember that the 777 is only a player in the OOM game.  Scenery, textures, and a little bit of the x32/x64 Win versions are all players.

Kyle Rodgers

Never had an OOM or any crash with the T7, the only issue I have ever had is the freezing gauges which is a known and fixed issue in SP1. Are you guys running the sim at 4096 TML? If you also have full 4096 clouds, high LOD_Radius etc than I'm afraid it is a foregone conclusion that you will experience some sort of crash eventually. The guys who made FSX did not put in the ability to change LOD_Radius and TML above certain values for a very good reason and that is the platform cannot physically support that level of detail because of the VAS limit in a 32bit application. If you push the sim too far in settings it will crash no matter what and this will not be fixed in SP1.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

The FSX graphics sliders are pretty much of the "pick & mix" type: Choose the ones that are most important to you and crank those ones up (like in "only those ones"!).

Setting all sliders to max is a bit like walking into the PMDG store and, even though you're only interested in their T7,  buying all their planes at once!   :lol: