Sign in to follow this  
m4rk

My start up procedure

I start P3d v2 in an unusual way. First click on the desktop icon. This leads you to an F22 Raptor on the runway at Langley AFB, at Full throttle and rolling down the runway. Quickly slam on the brakes and go full throttle to idle throttle at the same time. This is normal. Go into your setup scenario and select an aircraft and an airport, then click OK. This will lead you to a totally black screen. This means we forgot to delete the .cfg files before we started!!. If at this point you can get the ALT/Enter function to work great!, If not.. Oops... the next step is to Shut Off the computer. The computer has completely locked up and we need to power it down and restart. Once that is done, its only about 5- 6 minutes, you are good to start over.

This time, before hitting the desktop icon, we will go into C:/ Programs/ Prepar3dV2 ...and find the .cfg file. Delete that. It is much easier then continually going into the cfg file and changing HDR= 1 to 0. Subsequent start ups will revert back to 1 anyway. Also, to save yourself time have a direct link icon on the desktop to the .cfg file!!

Now, start over, and hit the desktop icon and once again you should be in an F22 at Full throttle,  Once again, slam the brakes and throttle to gain control. This is normally how we start aircraft. Now select the setup scenario and the aircraft etc....This 'should' put you in the aircraft, on the runway you chose, with engines running at full throttle and ready to go. If you like to do startup procedures, check lists and taxi to runways etc.. that's not good here. Saving a flight and scenario will totally mess with the simulation and it is not recommended..

Last step, go into the Options BEFORE taking off. This is important. Do not under any circumstances, during flight, select any Map mode, or Options modes. This is because when returning to the flight, you will be at full throttle and possibly inverted, usually pointed 90 degrees down. This over stresses the airplane. On the runway, make any last minute preparations in Options. Especially to resetting all of your controls and joystick inputs to where they were. Also, if you do not like the Red Messages, click on the link to your .cfg file and change those back to False once again.

You are good to go!!!

From hitting the icon to flying time is about 20 - 25 minutes depending on your threshold of pain and your ability to control anger.

Simple.. I love P3D!!!

WOW - seems like you've really worked out a plan???????????

Geeze, and I'm embarrassed that mine works just fine.

I'd be touching base with LM - we know "something" is not right - could be from not being installed outside of Programs folder / not being installed "as administrator"....add-on's - etc.

IF you haven't deleted your config file, I would "try" that and see if it helps....

There "are" known issues with the full throttle at start-up, and there's a workaround for that at LM, and it's a known bug that's being addressed and should be released in the 2.05 patch that's coming out soon.....as well as a fix for going to flight planner AFTER flight has started and getting the CTD....

As stated, mines working very well and I have understood the bugs and stay away from flight planner after I'm flying.

So sorry for your problems as I've used all versions of P3D and have not gone back to FSX one time.

Good luck,

Tom

I start cold and dark all the time and dont use buggy addons that dont support it

-Paul-

You know you can check off the option to enable scenario stratup before the flight, and shut down in windowed mode to bypass the HDR bug. But it appears you're just trolling for a response so this is all you're going to get...

....you're just trolling

You may be right.

I don't have any of those issues, apart from a flight starting with throttle, sometimes.. I've saved loads of flights, I've used the map and settings during a flight with no problems at all, so something is messed-up his end.

Change SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0 to SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1 in the cfg then P3D won't launch straight into a flight.

??? Things that make ya go "Hmm..."

it appears you're just trolling for a response

I agree with DylanM. This post is full of bad advice and i hope no one gives it any consideration

I don t even know what you mean by trolling. Seriously. I looked it up on Wikipedia and that seems a bit of a different approach than mine. I was writing mostly out of frustration and anger. Trying to be funny in the light of it.

I see lots of simmer in here saying things like "Goodbye to FSX.."  " Best Sim ever..." and  "Never going back..". I want to get away from FSX  just as bad as the next guy, but... of course I went through all my beefs here about P3d V2.

With a quick link to my cfg file, and a selective start up, its not going too badly now.

Actually to be honest.. My FSX is in worse shape. My terrain cfg is messed up and my FSX at this moment is useless. So.... P3dV2  it is, all the way.

Other than these little problems and with enough time to straighten it out, P3d will be a great product. I have no doubt.

Thanks for listening....

This posting is just ridiculous.

@ M4rk - If you have something constructive to say or have a serious question, please write something appropriate and I am sure you will get a proper response. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

MikeT707,

You know, when any of us get to our wits end, we have to release our frustration - and I believe that's what mr4k has done.  I am confident that all of us have wanted to walk away from FSX and P3D, especially after spending hundreds of dollars on hardware upgrades that have been an exercise in futility....let's be kind enough to let mr4k have his release -

With that said and the frustration released, let's all move on and hopefully mr4k will get up and running correctly - if not, LM is the place for an actual support ticket.

Guys, all have a blessed one.

Tom

MikeT707,

You know, when any of us get to our wits end, we have to release our frustration - and I believe that's what mr4k has done.  I am confident that all of us have wanted to walk away from FSX and P3D, especially after spending hundreds of dollars on hardware upgrades that have been an exercise in futility....let's be kind enough to let mr4k have his release -

With that said and the frustration released, let's all move on and hopefully mr4k will get up and running correctly - if not, LM is the place for an actual support ticket.

Guys, all have a blessed one.

Tom

I understand what you are saying Tom, however, when someone comments on a situation that is not even remotely close to the typical experience within P3D, it tends be convey an inaccurate depiction of how P3D performs, thus misleading some people who might be on the fence of getting P3D.  IMHO, it would be beneficial to write a posting that accurately explains the situation and ask the community for help in resolving the issue.  That, to me, would be constructive and helpful to other forum members that might be experiencing a similar issue.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Why not simply start Prepar3D, press P then sort out the throttle problem and your good to go?

Let me assume you are genuinely frustrated by things not working the way you want them to…

1. Create a new default flight. So after getting the F22 to stand still, load the plane you want by default, set it up how you want it to be by default (throttle idle etc.), on the location you want by default with your desired weather, time of day, season, etc. etc. etc. and than SAVE the flight and make sure you save it as DEFAULT (click on the DEFAULT button to do so). The next time you start P3D your own default situation will load and you will never ever have to deal with that spinning F22 on Langley anymore.

2. Make sure to enable the Startup screen in the options. This way you will be able to change various things in your new default flight (plane, location, time, weather, etc.) before the flight actually loads.

3. Before you quit P3D ALT-ENTER to windowed mode and then quit: this will prevent the black screen during the next start of P3D. You can also quickly edit that option in the cfg you already linked on your desktop (change something like Fullscreenmode=1 to =1, can't check that right now).

4. Don't ever delete the cfg every time: that's not a real solution and it will in fact keep most of your current problems alive.

5. "Saving a flight and scenario will totally mess with the simulation and it is not recommended" is utter nonsense: in fact, it is the only way to solve most of your problems.

6. If all the above doesn't work for you, reinstall you entire OS and P3D because most problems you mention aren't usual problems so due to your own setup which probably is completely corrupted and a mess (since FSX also seems to have problems). Don't blame P3D for a mess you probably created over time yourself.

Hi, M4rk,

You sound pretty frustrated.  J van E and some others here have tossed some good advice your way; let's see how it works out.

Meanhwile...  You said your FSX is in a similar state of affairs.  Without trying to sound like a horse's but+, consider this - Your FSX might be confounded by too much messing with it or not following some of the excellent setup guides.  IF this is the case, please use caution or your P3D may end up the same way.  In other words, if something isn't working correctly, don't go nuts changing things, and if you change things, please change only one thing at a time and try that.

Otherwise, good luck, hopefully you'll get things sorted.

Best,

Kev