Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

FMS Functionality

Hello All ---- wondering if there is a write-up or info somewhere on the FMS functionality??

Per Carenado page, FMS or GNS is a choice that must be made...one or the other.

Comments on the FMS functionality appreciated.

Thanks --- Bob --- :wink2:

Bob, with the RXP GNS installed, the FMS will display the flight plan.. that is about it, as far as I can tell.

post-100706-0-39454600-1389118702.jpg

Bert

It's as good as the default GPS unfortunately :(

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Can you enter a flight plan into the FMS, or do you need to load a .PLN file?

Barry Friedman

Bob, with the RXP GNS installed, the FMS will display the flight plan.. that is about it, as far as I can tell.

Howdy Bert ---- looks like the plane does come with a *.pdf manual. That should answer the questions about the FMS functionality. But, unfortunately, the *.pdf file is not downloadable for prospective customers. Again, I believe I read somewhere that the FMS and the RXP GNS cannot reside in the plane at the same time (not sure about this). Anyway it would be nice to get some feedback from someone who had the plane installed as to functionality of the FMS, even if it must not have the RXP unit installed to function fully.

It would be nice to get a copy of the *.pdf file to read -- that would most likely answer the basic questions all are asking.

Thanks --- Bob

You can enter the plan, modify and manage your approaches. No Sid the Star yes.

Hi Mangouste -- thanks for the answer. Is this functionality done WITHOUT the RXP GNS installed ?? Must it be this way??

If so, the FMS must be using the FSX mapping data, right ?? Any feedback appreciated. (What does the pdf file say??)

Thanks !!!!  :lol:

You can enter a flight plan on the FMS.  However, if you have the RXP GNS installed, it's flight plan will

drive the autopilot...

So, with the RXP GNS installed, you enter the flight plan on the GNS, and the FMS will display

it  (if you have LinkGPS=on, in the rxpgns.ini file).

Without the RXP GNS, you can enter a flightplan on the FMS, as mentioned above (using standard FSX navdata).

Bert

You can update the default nav data in FSX/P3D using a tool which I forget. I'm sure someone knows the site.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

You can enter a flight plan on the FMS.  However, if you have the RXP GNS installed, it's flight plan will

drive the autopilot...

So, with the RXP GNS installed, you enter the flight plan on the GNS, and the FMS will display

it  (if you have LinkGPS=on, in the rxpgns.ini file).

Without the RXP GNS, you can enter a flightplan on the FMS, as mentioned above (using standard FSX navdata).

Hi Again Bert -- (long time no chat :-) )

That is exactly what I was trying to figure out. You just sold a Carenado B1900   :biggrin:

Actually, Carenado has done themselves a favor here -- a nice optional arrangement.

Thanks again -- hope all is well --- Bob

Well yes you have the choice the RXP G530 or the FMS carenado. In both cases you reach destination.

M.Daniel

proatcxlogo.jpg

You can update the default nav data in FSX/P3D using a tool which I forget. I'm sure someone knows the site.

Yep, here:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

But:

Important note: These updates are for FSX and P3D (v1 & v2) only; they only correct VORs and NDBs although a few ILSs are also corrected in some European countries (see documentation)

All VOR and NDB station declinations are set to their published values (and not to current magnetic variation).

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11