Sign in to follow this  
soapking

Connection Problem

Hi all!! good evening!.

This afternoon, i tried to share the PMDG 737 cockpit using desk pilot 1,43 but it didn't work.

I followed all the steps, but when my friend pressed connect, I didn't  recive the fsx notification.

My frind says that he see when he press connect bottom that it changes in disconnect but in a few second, it changes again in connect bottom.

We both have installed SP1 and we choose the same model of PMDG 737.

We have just some thing differents, weather, scenery and airac but i don't think that  them might cause a connection problem.

P.S. i created the session using Hamachi.

Regards from Italy.

Check your firewalls, including the windows fw. Unblock and make exceptions for the DP Client & Server.

Do you have SP1c ?

On a side note, having different scenery will cause issues to your flight. especially if the other users scenery has a different elevation.

You will find out that one of the aircraft's will be stuck and bouncing inside the terrain mesh.  :lol:

Michael Harders

Good evening again hahahaha, I tried deactivating the windows firewall and i made exception for DP, me and my friend had installed PMDG SP1C, but it still not working.

I launched the compatibility test and I discovered that my fsx is not compatibile for DP.

I also tried to install sim connect client but an error message came out: (it's the following)

https://imageshack.com/i/10262yp

ok, can you connect to each others fsx multiplayer sessions? and does it succeed?

Here is a quick and easy guide that i have sent out to a few people. Follow this and let me know.

User A: Visits this website http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and copy’s the ip address shown and gives it to User B.
User A: Starts Microsoft Flight Simulator X and hosts a multiplayer session.
User A: Runs the desk pilot server,presses the “Start Server” button after the sim has finished loading. Including pmdg count down timer.
User A: waits for User B.

User B: Starts Microsoft Flight Simulator X and enters this ip address into the direct connect page on the fsx multiplayer interface. This video should help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuaxHmLpsIE
User B: Also enters this ip address into the IP entry box on the desk pilot client, or better yet the ClientSettings.ini file.
After User B has connected and loaded their flight sim, including pmdg’s count down timer they can now press the “Connect” button on the desk pilot client.

User A: Can now press the “Enable Shared Cockpit” button on the desk pilot server.

Done and done!

Now if that fails and you cannot connect to the flight sim or desk pilot, you will need to open ports in the modem/router and or firewalls. Here’s a site that might help since you can find your router make and model. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

You said you received a fail message when running the DP compatibility tester? Based on that information your flight simulator is missing critical simconnect library's..
My assumption is you don't have Microsoft Flight Simulator X + SP2 or Acceleration or your sim was installed incorrectly.

This should help.

Michael Harders

Since you are using hamachi, you may want to try using the hamachi ip address and not the whatismyip one.

I launched the compatibility test and I discovered that my fsx is not compatibile for DP.

That answers your question.

You need to have Microsoft Flight Simulator X + SP2 or Acceleration. If you do indeed have sp2/acceleration then something is wrong with your simconnect files, you may want to consider following this reinstall guide: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Michael Harders

Hello

Congratulations for the job you did

i have a problem opening the 60000 port on my box wich does not recongnize that number or  I have an other answer : The new rule is in conlict with a rule UPnP

The site you indicate has not yet informations about my box that is very recent (fiber box orange)

So I c'nt open the port 60000 as indicated on the site at "HELP"

Could  you confirm that the number is 6 and for 0 ?

Thancks a lot

Philippe

So.... i've been reading only 2 forums for troubleshooting the Desk Pilot program. Me and my friend are trying to connect but nothing happens. Attempt failed it says. We've done the port forwarding, both tried Captain and FO. Nothing helps. It just won't connect. 

1: Port is blocked, closed and/or misconfigured on the hosts modem/router. > should be fine

2: Firewall is blocking the client and/or server. > is open

3: Internet service provider is blocking incoming services. >it isn't

4: Wrong ip address and/or known bug in the ip address/password entry boxes > correct IP from ''myip''

5: Network congestion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_congestion > also not the problem.

Please mr Ripjaw, help us out..