Sign in to follow this  
EDHL0001

DX10 Scenery Fixer and AMD Radeon HD7900

Hi,

I bought the commercial version and I like the DX10 Scenery Fixer e. g. the graphical improvements as well as the additional FPS I get. But I have a big problem: Even after doing everything what is mentioned in this forum (following the advices how to set up the AMD Radeon HD7900 using RadeionPro and configure the FSX as well as the fsx.cfg) I am getting spikes, artefacts and complete FSX crashes using DX10. I tried every possible for the last couple of days but only with minor change. Those problems occur after a certain period of time if no AA is used and if AA is set to on sometimes the FSX already crashes after the initial loading of a flight. I am completely frustrated with DX10 because with DX9 my FSX works perfect.

Is there somebody who can help me respectively solved similar problems already? Otherwise I am giving up, switch back to DX9 and delete the DX10 Scenery Fixer - then wasted money. Attached please find my fsx.cfg...... Maybe the problem lays there?

Thanks

Rolf 

FSX.pdf

Working on your fsx.cfg, Rolf, but what is your hardware? Can you add it to your Profile, so that it appears under your Avatar, please.

Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the quick response. Please find my specs below:

-       GA-Z77X-DG3HIGABYTE Z77X-D3H, Intel Z77, PCIe 3, SATA 6Gb, 4x DDR3

-       BX80637I73IN77T0EKL Core i7-3770K, 8MB, Quad-Core "Ivy Bridge", boxed @ 4.4GHz perf.optim.

-       KHX1600C9KDIN3G/4SGTON 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 (9-9-9-27) DIMM

-       SSD 830D 64GB, 2.5", SATA III 6,4cm 2.5Zoll Upgrade – WINDOWS C:\

-       SSD 840 Series 256GB, 2.5", SATA 6Gb/s, Retail – PROGRAMS D:\

-       Deskstar 7K1000.C 1TB HDD 7200rpm SATA 3,5"- DATA E:\

-       RADEON HD 7950, 3GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 2x mini Dis

-       Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

-       Display: Samsung 27'' LED monitor 1920x1080 60Hz

I hope those data help you to find the reasons for my problem. If you need more information please let me know.

Rolf

Hi Paul,

I forgot to mention because maybe it is relevant:

1. Because I have three disks Windows 7 is running from C.\ and FSX from D:\ drive .......
  2. I also recognized that if starting DX10 without AA the problems start much later whereas with 8xx the FSX crashes already during the initial loading......

Regards,

Rolf 

Hi Paul,

more and more I believe that my problems with DX10 have something to do with my graphic card or the system setup. I installed DX10 Scenery Fixer today on my old laptop and everything worked well (without modifying the graphic card setup e. g. just installed the program). Then I copied the fsx.cfg to my current system (with some minor adaptations) and had the same effect like previously. Also using another e. g. lower display resolution changed anything........

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf: Here's the cfg, but you'll need to follow Charles Earl's (cvearl) docs on the ATI settings, as I only use Nvidia GPU's. Look in the pinned "How-To" guide for some basic ATI info, and here's a link to his full guide.

Rolf_fsx_chgd.txt

It's pretty much ready to use, but read it first, and note the changes. Read this, too, so that you become aware of the heavy hitters in the frame department!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,

first I would like to thank you for your help and the new fxs.cfg. I installed it and nothing changed e. g. still the same behaviour (spikes, artefacts and FSX crahes).

Looking through the documentation you mentioned there are some small differences in the settings (VISUAL - AA etc.) you and Charles are proposing. Maybe those documents should be aligned. But those are not the solution to my problem - were just a little bit confusing.

But what is mssing in those papers is a statement that RadeonPro should always run if you start FSX (can be ticked in the basic program settings). My problem was that I thought after making those proposed settings they were saved somewhere and automatically used if I start FSX. So I still had the same problems like mentioned above.

When I recognized this (unfortunately very late) and started RadeonPro before starting FSX all my problems were gone - with DX10 8xAA and all shaders ticked as well as enhanced FSX settings. Now I am happy and more than satisfied with the result. Thanks again...... I hope this small tip will help other not so experienced users like me.

Regards,

Rolf 

Hi Rolf: From what I've read on the net - One creates a game profile in RP which will then detect (FXS in this case) the game starting and will then automatically apply the profile settings. This is the way which CCC and Nvidia's Inspector work - you should never have to start RP first.

What I can do to avoid differences between the DX10 How-To guide and Charles' ATI/AMD Guide is to simply link to his pinned post, and remove all references to ATI from my guide.

" Now I am happy and more than satisfied with the result. " <<<   I liked this part!  :lol: 

..and Thanks for the input, Rolf,

All the Best,

pj

Hi Paul,

RadeonPro really does not start automatically when starting FSX even that both programs are set to "Open as Administrator". Maybe it is a setup problem of my Windows 7 64-bit system because RadeonPro runs on C:\drive whereas FSX is installed on D:\. I already contacted RadeonPro support and as soon as I get an answer I will let you know.

Regards,

Rolf

I have problem like this (spikes) with the ati driver ver 13.*, for me driver 12.8 work very well , try to install 12.8 version

Hi,

in the meantime I got the answer from the "RadeonPro Support" as follows:

"Sorry, it's not possible that PadeonPro starts automatically with FSX. You must have RadeonPro running previously in order to detect your game".

I do not know if this answer is based on Windows 7 64-bit or on my set up with Windows running on C:\ and FSX on D:\. But to be sure that RadeonPro is really running I suggest to enable some OSD values (because then you are sure). I found out that even then sometimes RadeonPro did not start automatically with FSX. But if it is running I do have no more problems with DX10 e.g. no more spikes or artefacts. I even use the latest driver but maybe this is related to my settings used in fsx.cfg.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi,

I just want to let you know that the RadeonPro Support confirmed (on my additional request) that the problem with FSX (RadeonPro does not start automatically with opening FSX) is not based on Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit) or on the setup of OS and FSX on different drives but really on FSX. This means if RadeonPro is used with FSX it has be started manually. So Paul should add this to his instructions for the use of DX10 Scenery Fixer with AMD Radeon cards.....

Rolf