Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

How to transfer fuel from tank to tank

I read somewhere in the manuals that fuel can be transferred from one tank to the another.As I enjoy

playing around with all kind of systems I loaded tank 1 with  fuel,left tank 2 empty and then attempted to

transfer fuel from tank 1 to tank 2 using fuel pumps.

As I could not achieve it I decided to contact the Forum in order to get instructions and help.

Sincerely

Hubert Werni 

Herbert Werni

not sure you can do this one in the air certainly, as you have to have the tank that you want fuel selected to refuel  and from what I can remember these switches are on the refuel panel then you run the pumps on the tank that you want the fuel out of

Pete Little

I believe Pete is correct, you would use the refuelling panel that is only accessible on the ground. You can isolate one tank in order to correct fuel imbalance, but I don't know about transferring between tanks, I think it would involve overriding the tank valves to allow 'reverse' fuel flow into the receiving tank, which I would think is not possible in flight.

not sure you can do this one in the air certainly, as you have to have the tank that you want fuel selected to refuel  and from what I can remember these switches are on the refuel panel then you run the pumps on the tank that you want the fuel out of

Note: I want to do that on the ground,not in the air.

Hubert

Herbert Werni

I don't think PMDG modelled that as it would require the ground refuelling panel to be available as well as the associated valves and so on.

Not something that the real aircraft can do in the air either. You have crossfeed (Feeding from, for instance, the left tank to both engines and isolating the Right tank) but you can't actually push fuel from the (in that example) Left tank to the right tank while feeding tank to engine.

There's some other fun stuff that can be done on the ground by the refueller, (basically to assist in refuelling without having to change sides of the aircraft) but that's not available from the cockpit/in the air.

And this relates to  transferring of  fuel?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

And this relates to  transferring of  fuel?

This relates to the transferring of fuel in the following way:

Transferring of fuel from one tank (say left wing) to another tank (say right wing) is not a thing that is possible in flight in either the PMDG 737NGX or the "Boeing" 737-800.

This relates to the transferring of fuel in the following way:

Transferring of fuel from one tank (say left wing) to another tank (say right wing) is not a thing that is possible in flight in either the PMDG 737NGX or the "Boeing" 737-800.

strange 1 was referring to your post that some how disappeared and  the one now  appeared, guess I should  have  quoted  it, nevermind

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg