Sign in to follow this  
Ironkidz

Not sure if everyone has seen this petition, but we NEED to get behind it!

Yes, we have. (Most of us).

It's not going to work. I did a petition similar to this and I couldn't get the required amount of signatures. Plus, I doubt the OP of the petition is still aware of its existence. 

Yep, Diego's right.  Not gonna happen.  Microsoft has moved on, and so too has the community it seems.  Lockheed Martin now has the keys to the plane and we can only hope that they continue to support us and let us take it for a spin from time to time.  

Cheers,

Jeff 

Don't trust Microsoft to do anything anymore. They have two times in a row (FSX/FS11 and FLIGHT) shown that they don't care about users of their products by not correcting known bugs or putting in the effort to make a product successful.

FSX sold 1-2 million copies (depending on who you trust as your source) and Microsoft never bothered to release the SP3 that users/buyers deserved. Locheed Martin released 4 service packs before moving on to 2.0. That shows commitment and dedication to the product and users! There are so many bugs still left in P3D from FSX that I'm sure that some issues will never be solved even in P3D.

FLIGHT was tragic from the moment some suit decided it should be an aerocache game, and closing down shop before it had even begun to turn into something was just cruel for all those who had invested in the DLC!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Lets get behind this petition, what have we got to lose.,it will at least show the depth of feeling MSFS. I would rather be optimistic and proactively petition repeatedly to try to get our voices heard; there may be some chance of success albeit a very small one. 

Both Project Cars and Auran Train Simulator are using crowd funding to finance their simulation projects.  With all the brain power from companies like Orbx or A2A it's a shame someone can't take up flight simulator.  Look what A2A has done by re-writing the code of the game to make things better.  I'm guessing someone smart with enough resources could do this.  Is Flight Simulator a trade marked name that nobody else can ever use?  Is designing a flight simulator just too complicated?

I was thinking about how smooth Grand Theft Auto 5 runs on the 360 and how detailed the terrain and city was.  You can fly over that stuff no problem and it looks amazing.. Why does the flight simulator on a PC based platform have to run so horrible with so little detail?

I suppose there are other sims like X-Plane that have tried to make a flight sim and done a decent job and even that failed Flight looked like it could be promising so it has to be possible to move the original FSX code forward.

I guess at the end of the day it's all about the ability to make money with the project.. but maybe that brings me back to the crowd funding idea.  The project is already funded in advance and other sim genre's are using it just fine.

This petition is old news now.  Microsoft...a billion $$ company.  Flightsim...a rounding number, a digit on one of their balance sheets.

Not a hope in hell of them ever responding to some petition by a few people with a passion for flight simming on their computers, mostly PCs.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Lets get behind this petition, what have we got to lose.,it will at least show the depth of feeling MSFS. I would rather be optimistic and proactively petition repeatedly to try to get our voices heard; there may be some chance of success albeit a very small one.

Only four thousand customers - this will really make a difference?

This petition is old news now.  Microsoft...a billion $$ company.  Flightsim...a rounding number, a digit on one of their balance sheets.

Not a hope in hell of them ever responding to some petition by a few people with a passion for flight simming on their computers, mostly PCs.

I agree, to a factor of... um... let's say 3.25 x 10³. The reality is that MS has kicked Flight Simulation to the door, pink slip in hand.

The petition in question has been there for at least 6 months, and has only 20% of the signatures it needs.

As time goes by, FlightSim will become more and more of a distant memory for MS; they SO want it that way.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

With all the brain power from companies like Orbx or A2A it's a shame someone can't take up flight simulator.

It is getting difficult to understand why these post keep coming up. First of all ORBX has been looking at the idea of a new Sim for over 5 years. Their expert conclusion was that the way to go is Prepar3D by Lockheed Martin. I don't care if you like ORBX or hate them. They do probably have about as much invested in Flight Simming as anyone. FSX has been great for us even with its warts and problems. It is time to move on. If Flight sims have a future as we know it then at this time P3D is that future. I don't care who the next great leader of MS is. Even if they started today with a new sim all of us reading this today will be dead and gone or at the least proud Grandparents before they could catch up to LM.

Just take a deep breath....relax your fingers...and let it go. It will be alright. Please I beg of you...get over it and enjoy a great hobby!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Microsoft will never touch FSX again. LM looks to be the future, with X-Plane a solid alternative. With the added options of the combat sims, the future should be open for all. Take the time to enjoy the ride.

Microsoft has greater issues to resolve than playing with FS . Were they to do so, they would, in effect, be in competition with their own customer- LM.

(It is highly likely that the MS/LM agreement, contains a "no compete" provision.)

A real question is how MS sees the future for its traditional O/S mainstream products.

Even Alan Mulally of Ford has announced he is not interested in the top job at MS.

january

Were they to do so, they would, in effect, be in competition with their own customer- LM.

(It is highly likely that the MS/LM agreement, contains a "no compete" provision.)

A real question is how MS sees the future for its traditional O/S mainstream products.

Even Alan Mulally of Ford has announced he is not interested in the top job at MS.

january

The only no compete provision would be for professional usage. MS Flight is proof of MS being perfectly capable of going to market with a new flight simulator if they want to.

MS is killing their own OS business by not developing good software for it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Flight is proof of MS being perfectly capable of going to market with a new flight simulator if they want to.

Was Flight killed off (very suddenly), perhaps because of "No Compete" issues?

Certainly LM's posture seems to welcome ALL sim users- despite ambiguities in EULA interpretation.

january

The only no compete provision would be for professional usage. MS Flight is proof of MS being perfectly capable of going to market with a new flight simulator if they want to.

OH Yes!! That product worked out well for them!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/