Sign in to follow this  
JGSJW

Jetstream 31 does not see glide-slope signals

I downloaded the PAD Jetstream 31. Its a great little plane except that the HSI does not see the Glide-Slope signal at any airport. The signal is there but the HSI doesn't see it.
I could sure use some suggestions.

One fellow told me recently that he solved this some years ago by changing the entire panel to the default  FS9 King Air panel. I tried that but it did not work for me. Obviously he is good at that whereas I am still on the steep part of the learning curve.  I did manage to change panels successfully on another plane once which had good directions so I'm not helpless  but I need guidance.

What about just changing the HSI?  
JGSJW 

Just to get it out of the way, I'm going to ask the painfully obvious questions.  Are you sure that, 1. you are flying an ILS approach and not a Localizer approach, and 2. are you sure you tuned the ILS frequency into the NAV 1 radio?   No insult to your skills or experience intended, just want to eliminate the most obvious issues.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,..........no insult taken.....good questions both having the answer Correct. I just now checked the settings gain.

I'm a little confused about what aircraft we're talking about here.  I'm not seeing a J-31 in the link you provided.  One more silly question, you're sure this problem is specific to this aircraft?  

Ok, good deal.  Give me a little bit and I'll play around with it a little.  What approach are you flying that's giving you the problem?

It's fine, they're both on the same download page.  Yup, I think it's just the gauge they used.  It doesn't appear to have a glideslope indication. You could swap out the gauge with a program like FS Panel Studio, which is what I use when I mod any panels.  You can do it with manual edits if you know what you're doing.  It's not that hard, but if you haven't done it before, it can be a little daunting.  Sorry I can't give you better news.

So.....it's the gauge.....at least now I know it isn't me.maybe I'll make a project out of it and try that FS panel Studio. Thanks for checking that out for me.

JGSJW