Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

777F EICAS msg "CARGO HEAT BULK"

Maybe you smart people can figure this out, because I'm stumped.

According to the QRH, this message means that the aft lower cargo temp selector knob is in the off position...except when I get this message, it isn't.

My knob is in the 12 o'clock position, which means a target temp of 60*F in the AFT/BULK lower cargo hold.

I confirmed this on the AIR page on the lower MFD. 60*F set in magenta, and 60*F showing in white beside it for the actual temp.

But for whatever reason, I can't get CARGO HEAT BULK to disappear off the EICAS. I've tried rotating the knob to C, W, L, and H, and still the message stays.

On the ground, in the air, doesn't matter.

I'm flying the FedEx livery.

Anyone else seen this or have any guesses?

Are your air packs online?

EDIT: Can you post a pic of your AIR synoptic page?

Packs are on, and I can't post a pic because the sim is running on my desktop and I'm browsing the forums on my laptop.

If I alt tab out of FSX it has a tendency to give me a fatal error. Don't want to lose my flight.

Have you followed the ECL checklists in case it is an actual failure? I will quickly load up a trip 7 and fail the system to show you.

My apologies, I cant seem to fail that specific system. I do however get both cargo heat bulk and cargo heat aft EICAS warnings when switching the cargo heat off on the upper overhead, have you tried cycling the switches through all positions and back to center?

Have you followed the ECL checklists in case it is an actual failure? I will quickly load up a trip 7 and fail the system to show you.

My apologies, I cant seem to fail that specific system. I do however get both cargo heat bulk and cargo heat aft EICAS warnings when switching the cargo heat off on the upper overhead, have you tried cycling the switches through all positions and back to center?

Upper overhead?

That's for the non freighter model.

I'm getting this issue in the 777F.

Anyone else seen this or have any guesses?

Does a middle click of the mouse to ensure it's seated in the detent help?

Kyle Rodgers

Does a middle click of the mouse to ensure it's seated in the detent help?

Yeah tried that. Doesn't seem to work.

Packs are on, and I can't post a pic because the sim is running on my desktop and I'm browsing the forums on my laptop.

If I alt tab out of FSX it has a tendency to give me a fatal error. Don't want to lose my flight.

You can press print screen and it'll be there to paste into paint for saving or whatever at the end of your flight.

You can press print screen and it'll be there to paste into paint for saving or whatever at the end of your flight.

The sim has a built in key ( V by default ) that will automatically drop a BMP into your My Docs > Photos folder.  No need to go through all the extra steps anymore, which is nice.

I actually avoid ALT + Tabbing at all costs for similar reasons.  I use the V key to dump the BMP into a folder, and my networked laptop has shared rights to the Photos folder to grab them.  I did it as part of the beta to save myself a ton of time.

Yeah tried that. Doesn't seem to work.

Hmm...have you tried with an alternate panel state to rule out a corrupt panel file?

Kyle Rodgers

have you tried with an alternate panel state to rule out a corrupt panel file?

That's the next thing I'm going to try once I finish this flight.

Here's what I'm seeing right now:

post-207548-0-07182900-1389212549.jpg

post-207548-0-46024400-1389212550.jpg

Your AFT cargo fire switch isn't armed by any chance is it?

Brian

Edit: Disregard, while it does close the heat valve it doesn’t produce those EICAS messages.

Brian W

KPAE