Sign in to follow this  
jango

edge light is Black

Hello

i am new to this forum.

i 've a problem in the scenery of Thai Creation Macau int.Apt.

During DX9 everything is fine, but DX10 will be edge Light seen black triangels.

see screenshot.

if someone to could give an advice, very grateful.

kind regards

Hello

i am new to this forum.

i 've a problem in the scenery of Thai Creation Macau int.Apt.

During DX9 everything is fine, but DX10 will be edge Light seen black triangels.

see screenshot.

if someone to could give an advice, very grateful.

kind regards

Try the Legacy slider to the left..

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi

Thank you for your response. PJ

I've done the Legacy slider on the far left but unfortunately the black triangle does not go away.

There are other possibilities?
Thanks

kind regards

Since it occurs in the day it's not a legacy issue. DX10sf fixes legacy scenery.

I would guess that either they have more than 64k of edge lights vertices or there is a tile boundary crossing the airport.

The only solution is really to ask Thai creations if they would consider addressing it. The manual provides a guide to adapting scenery for dx10. The solution in both cases is to create a clone of the edge light model and use where appropriate.

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I Have already sent last month to Thai Creation an email, but received no answer until now.

I have read through your manual for clone/P.56/Restore Original / FSX.BGL.

It is that "Clone the model giving the clone a different GUID and clone the texture giving it a different name and set the clone model to use the cloned texture. Use the clone on one side of the tile boundary or to reduce the number of vertices of the original model. "
Unfortunately, I do not understand how and what could make.
It is possible that you can give me some advice, how exactly I have to do.
?

Thanks.

kind regards

Jango, I am afraid that there is nothing you can do. Those instructions are an explanation of what the developer must do.

All you can do is look in the scenery and see if by luck there is a .bgl file called edge _lights or something like that and try removing it (having taken a copy of course).

If you refer them to this post I demonstrate the problem

http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/testing-drawcalls/

In the case of Macau - there is a QMID 12/LOD 10 tile boundary running East West across the middle of the main runway just where the taxiway joins it. That might actually be where you are in your picture

If you taxi to that junction - I would expect that you could see edge lights one side of the tile boundary drawn ok - yes?

The fix if they were prepared to do it - is to use a different copy of the edge light model south of the junction.