Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

Upcoming V2 Releases

What can we look forward to in the near term? Obviously, the 0.5 update from LM, but what else? I'm awaiting these:

1. FSGRW

2. Orbx port over of PNW and other regions

3. FTX Northern California and Europe LC

4. Ideal Flight (new version being released any day now for FSX, but P3D version in the works--come on Steve!)

5. SimAir (will it ever be released?) and Air Hauler v2

Number one for me will be the ActiveSkyNext release for P3Dv2. I love it (understatement) in FSX, I am sure it will be heaven in P3D when combined with the volumetric clouds and fog...

Secondly the PMDG NGX for P3Dv2, if only because I am very curious to learn how much PMDG will charge for something which is essentially the same product as I already have (and paid for) for FSX.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Secondly the PMDG NGX for P3Dv2, if only because I am very curious to learn how much PMDG will charge for something which is essentially the same product as I already have (and paid for) for FSX.

I think they will do everything possible to cash as they possibly can under that so called *professional* license, even though they and we know that tha majority uses it at home, for nothing else then pleasure.

Mostly Active sky next but MarkSC got me interested in Simair which is very interesting but it said nothing about P3D as fair I saw.

Definately looking forward to ASN for P3D and anything Orbx compatible with P3D.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1. FTX regions ports (and FTX Norway in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 

2. ASN

Official support of A2A and RealAir for P3D v2 would be nice too but apparently that won't happen real soon.

2. ASN

Official support of A2A and RealAir for P3D v2 would be nice too but apparently that won't happen real soon.

My list is very similar to yours (and we both want an FTX region that covers our home area).

1.) Official support from A2A (which isn't likely to happen soon, but I won't purchase another A2A aircraft until they support P3D2).

2.) FTX Region: New England (I see no plans for this region, but I'm still hoping for it at some point)

3.) Active Sky Next

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

This for me too.

It will also be interesting to see what REX4's weather engine will be like... will they catch up with AS and OPUS?

1. All Aerosoft products are currently being converted over. We should see a flood coming down the pipe in the next few months.

2. News that Flight1 is on board (this should happen this year).

3. I would hope by the end of the year 95% of not 100% of all FSX add-ons will be officially P3D v2 compatible.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'd love to see RealAir support too. Another one on my list is UTX for Europe and USA since FTX Vector seems to be having some issues.

What about a good business jet? Flight1 could bring over an updated Citation.  I never bought it for FSX, but would love to add it to P3D. Has any other developer announced a business jet project for P3D?

I'm looking forward to FSGRW and their new connection with Orbx might help the combination integrate well.

I believe Umberto over at Virtuali has also committed to P3DV2 support (not just compatibility) ... as of right now I've had to disable all their products because of VAS issues, g3d.dll crashes, and the introduction of stutters (but apparently it's just me).

As said above, PMDG will come on board.

But I expect most existing FSX developers to provide P3DV2 products/updates ... but I think the real interesting future will be those that go beyond just updating for P3DV2 and leverage what is new and good in P3DV2.  But I think several developers are waiting for 2.05 or 2.1 update before jumping in.

I thought I read that there may not be a 2.05 update now, and they may just go to 2.1 with multi-GPU support ... not sure if this means they made very good progress with bug fixes and had time to work on other features or if they just didn't want to go thru the hassle of having to deploy an interim patch/update?

I think enough of us have posted videos and screenshots to show P3DV2 initial visual potential that it's a good platform to invest in even with some of it's growing pains.

That's disappointing: two of the very best aircraft developers.  Have they given any reasons, as far as you know?  At least the A2A 172 and Cub seem to work ok as they are in P3D2... wish I could say the same about the RealAir Legacy.

Milviz KingAir 350/350i

post-236981-0-51150000-1389223005.jpg

post-236981-0-00709200-1389223109.jpg

post-236981-0-10398000-1389223131.jpg

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

That's disappointing: two of the very best aircraft developers.  Have they given any reasons, as far as you know?  At least the A2A 172 and Cub seem to work ok as they are in P3D2... wish I could say the same about the RealAir Legacy.

Realair lancair legacy works under p3d as far as I know.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Realair lancair legacy works under p3d as far as I know.

Yes, the legacy works great for me in P3Dv2. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.