Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

Upcoming V2 Releases

Yes, the legacy works great for me in P3Dv2. 

Many of the sounds don't work for me, eg gear and flaps, and I've seen others report the same problem.  Were you able to get them working?

It's not that a lot of stuff doesn't work, it's more to do with the legal stuff like licensing "EULA" is what is probably causing most of the delays to porting.

Many of the sounds don't work for me, eg gear and flaps, and I've seen others report the same problem.  Were you able to get them working?

Well, they work, but not nearly as distinct as FSX. No clicks are audible with switches, etc. I don't place too much importance on that stuff, rather the cockpit, gauges, flight model, textures.

Just did Identical flights from KSEZ to KFLG in both sims and other than the sounds I found little difference. Maybe I scrutinze less than I should!  

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

It's not that a lot of stuff doesn't work, it's more to do with the legal stuff like licensing "EULA" is what is probably causing most of the delays to porting.

<br /><br />Two of the largest and most respected 3rd party suppliers, Orbx and Aerosoft are moving full steam ahead at little to zero cost. Perhaps I am wrong, but the suppliers who are struggling most are based in the good old US of A.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

UTX for P3DV2, which the dev is saying should be out soonish.  Once good ol' JV decided to state absolutely positively eliminate any future potential for a user interface in FTX Vector to control what classes of vector data are active I signed off the case.   Performance & visuals, both of paramount concern to all most all users, are completely out of the user's control in Vector.   I think his position has no customer-friendly justification, and just seems bizarre to leave out.   I suppose a viable explanation is that the actual developer built the product architecturally w/ complete disregard for this, and in doing so and so essentially eliminated this possibility w/o a complete re-write.   

I will be amazed if PMDG big iron performs well in P3DV2, but boy I'll be tickled if they do.    

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Well, they work, but not nearly as distinct as FSX. No clicks are audible with switches, etc.

And so… they do NOT work LOL!  ^_^ I found the loss of various sounds too distracting and don't have the plane installed anymore. It wasn't my default plane anymore anyway so it's no big deal (because I always only fly in one plane) but I do hope RealAir will join the P3D v2 wagon sometime in the future.

And so… they do NOT work LOL! 

They do if the migrator software is active in 1.4.

Don't own 2.0 yet, so cannot verify if that's true within that environment.

Regards,

John

aka John Heaton

Secondly the PMDG NGX for P3Dv2, if only because I am very curious to learn how much PMDG will charge for something which is essentially the same product as I already have (and paid for) for FSX.

I'm waiting to see how PMDG handles that too. I love how the iFly 737 for P3D is $79.95 while the same aircraft for FSX is $54.95. No upgrade path. Want to see how it does in P3D? Buy it again.

Well, they work, but not nearly as distinct as FSX. No clicks are audible with switches, etc. I don't place too much importance on that stuff, rather the cockpit, gauges, flight model, textures.

Just did Identical flights from KSEZ to KFLG in both sims and other than the sounds I found little difference. Maybe I scrutinze less than I should!

off topic, but I'm curious... Do you live in northern AZ? I've done that flight in real life several times. Love it!

off topic, but I'm curious... Do you live in northern AZ? I've done that flight in real life several times. Love it!

I live in Vermont but have visited several times, love it also, and have a friend visiting out there now sending me pics and videos. She did the helicopter tour out of Sedona... :-).

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I'm waiting to see how PMDG handles that too. I love how the iFly 737 for P3D is $79.95 while the same aircraft for FSX is $54.95. No upgrade path. Want to see how it does in P3D? Buy it again.

Yeah that sucks, which is why I'm not buying into it. I'd rather wait 3 years for PMDG to bring their version out.

Anyone tried the Caranado B1900D? It's supposedly v2 compatible.

Ed Haslam

Anyone tried the Caranado B1900D?It's supposedly v2 compatible.

Yes! At installation, there are three versions - FSX,P3D v 1.4 and P3D v 2.

Yes! At installation, there are three versions - FSX,P3D v 1.4 and P3D v 2.

Just read that it doesn't have a proper FMC (no SID/STARS) so I'll wait and see what reviews it gets. The Metroliner is looking like a good option interns of something different.

Ed Haslam

Well,

If memory serves, I believe that today is the last day for Lockheed Martin to come up with a V2 patch, according to their own predictions/promises.

Will they make it?

Or is it just too much of a task to create the same Compatibility that existed in v1.4? Seems like a good situation for project management tools....and in-depth communication with the third party Devs...yes? No?

50 steps ahead and 49 back…

I'm in the same boat as all of y'all... I gave up FsX for P3-D now all the eggs are in the Lockheed Martin basket...

I want them, I need them, I beg them to succeed!

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

The patch has been delayed for another week or so. Latest update from Wes on the Prepar3D forums:

Updated on 01/31: As I mentioned in a post somewhere recently in this thread, we shipped a beta patch out to some industry partners, and are fixing a few things they found, as well as finishing up two other large bugs that we feel are essential to including in this patch, the first being the windows8 joystick dropout issue, the other being an issue setting weather via simconnect. The windows 8 joystick issue is critical, and we are working very hard at it, but it is somewhat complicated and involves modifying some critical sections, so we need to make sure we've solved the issue and not introduced any others. Because of this we won't be able to get the patch out today, but we are definitely targetting next week, as soon as we can test the joystick issues fully. One bit of good news is that we had great success with the patching process, so you all can look forward to a 100meg or so patch as opposed to a full 10 gig reinstall like was the case with 1.x.

Personally, I'd rather wait one more week if it means that the joystick and weather issues can be fixed (along with anything else that they can fix, based on third party developers' feedback on the beta patch).

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE