Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

Monitor Options and 3-Screen Setup

Hi fellow simmers,

I've recently acquired a GTX780Ti OC'd version (iChill by Inno3D), and have two old 21 (or 23) inch monitor which I'm thinking with the 3rd addition, I'll make it triple screen.

On the third addition, I'm considering of getting two versions, either a ultrawide 21:9 (Dell U2913WM) but on a lower PPI/resolution, or a normal 16:9 but higher PPI/resolution monitor (Dell U2414H).

The two I have now are both 16:9, so just wondering for a 3 monitor setup that the new graphics card can really take advantage of, which would you recommend?

Thank you

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Bump

One more thing to add, will using the higher resolution monitor drastically slow down the performance of FS (FSX/P3D2/XP10)?  Or will the 780Ti be able to handle it?

Cheers

Brendan Chen

Bump

One more thing to add, will using the higher resolution monitor drastically slow down the performance of FS (FSX/P3D2/XP10)?  Or will the 780Ti be able to handle it?

Cheers

Brendan the 780i will have those for breakfast.

Question will be if your CPU can keep up.

Are you overclocked?

To run nvidia Surround all three monitors have to have the same native resolution.

Otherwise you will have to run them as separate screens.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Brendan the 780i will have those for breakfast.

Question will be if your CPU can keep up.

Are you overclocked?

To run nvidia Surround all three monitors have to have the same native resolution.

Otherwise you will have to run them as separate screens.

gb.

Ah that's a real shame.  Guess I'll only run them at the same res when I fly.

I have overclocked to 4.8GHz on watercooling at the moment, should handle it right?

Brendan Chen

Ah that's a real shame.  Guess I'll only run them at the same res when I fly.

I have overclocked to 4.8GHz on watercooling at the moment, should handle it right?

Well you can't do much better than 4.8GHz and a 780Ti.  :)

If you are going to have three VC views on those monitors any system

might struggle depending on situation/settings.

If you are using two for 2D panels then no problems.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Will see how it goes... Should be fine for XP or P3D right?  Only struggle on FSX?

Brendan Chen

Will see how it goes... Should be fine for XP or P3D right?  Only struggle on FSX?

Not necessarily.

I'm getting better results with FSX DX10 than P3DV2.

P3DV2 is a bit of a mess on my system.

Service patch can't come fast enough.

Never tried XPlane.

gb.