Sign in to follow this  
PWB

Unable to install fsx deluxe edition

Hello

I've just bought the Flight Simulator X Gold Edition, after using the normal FSX.

When I insert the instalation disk, my system shows me a error saying thet it cannot be installed becouse there already is a newer version (than FSX) installed.
I now uninstalled FSX SP2, but the same error keeps popping up.

I cannot find the Service pack 1 to uninstal...

It would be a shame to uninstal FSX, because i have a lot of add-ons installed.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanx!

Just use the Acceleration disk, not disk #1.

Why install Gold on top of DeLuxe?

Very confused here... 

You don´t need Gold if you have DeLuxe, maybe you just need to install Acceleration, if you want it?

no, i have the normal FSX, and now bought the FSX deluxe edition.

The gold pack consists of the deluxe edition and the Acceleration pack...

Just use the Acceleration disk, not disk #1.

That's the same?

As the deluxe edition?

Acceleration is the latest version of FSX.  It contains SP1.  You do not want to have SP2 and Acceleration installed at the same time.  SP2 is just an upgrade to FSX and does not contain any of the payware addons included in Acceleration.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Acceleration is the latest version of FSX.  It contains SP1.  You do not want to have SP2 and Acceleration installed at the same time.  SP2 is just an upgrade to FSX and does not contain any of the payware addons included in Acceleration.

Best regards,

Thanx!

But what's the difference between normal fsx and the deluxe edition?

I thaught there was a difference, why does it exists?

If you have "FSX Standard Edition" you will need to uninstall and reinstall everything.

If you have "FSX Deluxe Edition" you can just use the Acceleration disk.

Yes, it will stink to have to re-install your add-ons, but that's the price you pay for having installed FSX Standard.

But what's the difference between normal fsx and the deluxe edition?

The best explanation can be found at this link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just backed up my payware addons and unistalled the "normal" FSX and will install the deluxe edition and the acceleration pack.

Thanx for help!