Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Steve's DX10 Fixer

Been out of the loop for awhile, and had previously tried DX10 with varying results, but went back to DX9. Now I've got a little more time on my hands, and FSX is running better than ever, so I thought I'd try again. However, Steve's DX10 Fixer has disappeared from the FlightSim Store, so...

Anyone have any links to the software?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Been out of the loop for awhile, and had previously tried DX10 with varying results, but went back to DX9. Now I've got a little more time on my hands, and FSX is running better than ever, so I thought I'd try again. However, Steve's DX10 Fixer has disappeared from the FlightSim Store, so...

I am sorry for being off-topic, but I wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that AVSIM's signature rules do no longer allow the system specs to be in your signature. Please remove them from there and only use the "My PC" and "My Simulator" tabs provided in your profile instead. For the full set of rules please see the AVSIM Signature Rules, which can be found on top of every forum page (under the "Forums" tab) or following this link: http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/sig.html

Than you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Strange, I downloaded the latest update from there just a couple of days ago.

I don't know why but my flightsim don't like the directx 10 cause i've already try to use the Steve's DX10 fixer but my frames goes down by 5 frames  :Cry:  , 
unlike other people who have had a significant performance increase.

It's funny you should mention the fps decrease...I too had seen that on my rig while flying but at the same time, if I watch the scenery go by as I fly, everything is smooth as glass, as if the fps reporting through FSX is off.  I shouldn't look a gifthorse in the mouth I guess.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

It's funny you should mention the fps decrease...I too had seen that on my rig while flying but at the same time, if I watch the scenery go by as I fly, everything is smooth as glass, as if the fps reporting through FSX is off.  I shouldn't look a gifthorse in the mouth I guess.

Eventually everyone will come to that conclusion. Smoothness is the criteria not a random number in the top left corner of the screen. I'm amazed that people actually know what that lovely scenery they've paid for looks like!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Eventually everyone will come to that conclusion. Smoothness is the criteria not a random number in the top left corner of the screen. I'm amazed that people actually know what that lovely scenery they've paid for looks like!

Well after I had applied the DX10 fix, I expected, through FSX's fps count, that the number would go up so initially I was disappointed but after I took off and started flying, I realized that everything was working just fine and as I stated, very smooth so I just turn off the display of the fps now...no more need to pay attention. :)

Of course, I am not currently using aircraft, such as PMDG, just GA aircraft, primarily because I paid a pretty penny for all of the ORBX scenery, I want to see it! :)

I am amazed on how much better the DX10 fix works for my rig and I love flying much more now with the nice scenery and weather.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Strange, I downloaded the latest update from there just a couple of days ago.

Steve asked them to remove it. It's not on sale currently, which is terrible because I would need it now to fix FTX.

Just hoping that it will be back soon...

Best,

Markus

The link for the Avsim document written by Paul on how to setup FSX for DX10 is down. Can someone point me in the direction of that .pdf? 

Thanks guys.

Is this still available?

Every link I find tells me that the product cannot be found??

Is this still available?

Every link I find tells me that the product cannot be found??

The link still works for me.

Danny

Can you post / pm me that link?

All I keep finding is a link to the flightsim store and I keep getting that same message.

Sorry if I've missed another link on here, I'm not very familiar with this forum.

Thanks.

Can you post / pm me that link?

All I keep finding is a link to the flightsim store and I keep getting that same message.

Sorry if I've missed another link on here, I'm not very familiar with this forum.

Thanks.

The link is posted in message #39, five posts above this one. Once on that page, the first message has the link to the document.

Danny