Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Steve's DX10 Fixer

Hi out there,

after using Steves DX10 Fixer I found a small green quadrate in the upper left corner of the FSX window. I never saw this before. Does anybody know what this is and how I can get rid of it?

Thnx for help Tom

Hi out there,

after using Steves DX10 Fixer I found a small green quadrate in the upper left corner of the FSX window. I never saw this before. Does anybody know what this is and how I can get rid of it?

Thnx for help Tom

yup you need to turn off the FXAA indicator in nvidia inspector

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

yup you need to turn off the FXAA indicator in nvidia inspector

Thnx a lot Brian.

Cheers Tom

Drove me mad until I found it!

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

hey guys! just wondering because I can't find the latest version 2.3 for steve's dx10 fixer for purchase anywhere.. why did he asked flightsimstore to delete those files? is there any possibility to get it somehow?

unfortunately Steve has taken a it off the market for a while and so there is no way to purchase the full package. I believe the individual fixes however are available in the library, but you would need to do a search on here for setup/files etc.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Does anyone know Steve's long term plan with the fixer?  I was a bit late to the DX10 game and didn't have a chance to get the fixer.  It's a shame to lose such a tool.  The free version of the shaders are great, but as I'm finding have some shortcomings still.

Eric Szczesniak

What A,I runs with DX10 please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave, if you're referring to AI aircraft, I've run both MyTraffic 5.4c and Ultimate Traffic 2 under DX10 with the Fixer without issue.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Wayne, thanks for your help.  I have run 'Traffic360' but do most of my flying on-line so I don't know what has happened to it and only noticed testing this program.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Confused........

Do I really need DX10??  What does it give me over DX9?  I've seen so many posts in various forums about the need to apply various fixes and tweaks to get DX10 running properly, I'm apprehensive at installing it.  I'm still trying to work through the assorted fixes and tweaks just for FSX to get the most out of FPS and a GTX970 4GB card...!!

An honest opinion would be most appreciated.

Thanks...

Dave, if you're referring to AI aircraft, I've run both MyTraffic 5.4c and Ultimate Traffic 2 under DX10 with the Fixer without issue.

Please explain what you did. I tried DX10 with MT5.4c and the individual fixes to be greeted with a fleet of black AI.

Do I really need DX10?? What does it give me over DX9?

Better frame rates

Better VAS usage

Cockpit shadows

Usable bloom without the FPS hit

Whitecaps on waves that are directional depending on the wind direction

Please explain what you did. I tried DX10 with MT5.4c and the individual fixes to be greeted with a fleet of black AI.

I guess he used the DX10 fixer instead of the free patches.

I run FSX under the DX10 fixer along with MTX5.4 and have no black Ai, in fact the nice bloom in DX10 really helps the MTX models look better.

I got everything running great in dx9. I got a i7 930 running at 4.2. A Gtx 970. And 12 gb of ram. Whenever I turn bloom on it kills my fps. I really wanna like dx10 and the fixer too take advantage of my Gtx 970. Will I see a good result?

Confused........

I really wanna like dx10...Will I see a good result?

FSX and FSX-SE can be used in DX10 preview mode without any fixes or changes to files in the sim, and the performance of bloom and cockpit shadows can be tried out with no fuss or bother. By application of the free fixer some graphical glitches can be fixed, such as the flickering on some taxiway/runways junctions. But the payware fixer product goes on, helping to produce good results with scenery and aircraft products that might not draw correctly in DX10 mode. Generally products will say if they are DX 10 Preview compatible, others may show up blank in the sim.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com