Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Any word on the race start date?

As we all know, the race always starts the weekend after Valentine's Day, February 14th... This year, that would make the race start on Saturday, February 15th, if you look it "by the book".

However, many might consider Friday part of that weekend (and could therefore interfere with "Valentine's Weekend" plans for some), which would place the race start the following weekend, February 22nd.

Any word on which of these weekends the race will happen?

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I've emailed the executive committee to get an answer Dave.  Your right that we dont know the date it is to start, in fact we've received no formal message that its even on this year (I hope so).

But you are correct in your thinking that the 1st saturday after Valentines is the official start and thats the 15th this year.  We will see if we hear back from them.

spacer.png

what race ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well i've booked off the 17th and 18th from work. If its going to be a different date i could really do with knowing at least 3 weeks before so i can change it if necessary

Harv.png?dl=1

I am in the same boat as far as booking time off from work.  Sim-Outhouse is as quiet as here for practice. Getting a little concerned here. 

I would propose for simplicity sake, recycling rules and route requirements from years gone by to simplify Committee planning with simple additions to account for FS X and available airplanes and experiences learned from years past.  Bonus bank, penalty assessment and such.  

There are a few of us that are still eager to get online and spend 4 or 5 days together flying and having fun. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I haven't heard anything official other than we ARE having a race this year, more to come later.

I'd say assume it will be Feb 15th.  So if you need 3 weeks warning to book time off work and such then January 25th is that date that we will need to know the date.  I am hoping we have some more word by then.

spacer.png

Hi all,

The Race starts on February 15th. This year we are thinking about reducing the overall distance (and thus the overall time) or (less likely) conducting the event over two weekends. A number of pilots (mostly from other teams) have expressed concern about the time commitment demanded by the "prime team event of Flight Simulation."

For those booking time off from work, please keep in close touch and we will keep you fully informed of our plans with regard to the schedule. We should make a decision very shortly.

See the post and thread "Early News" on this forum.

--MIke

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1