Sign in to follow this  
chad556

How to fix the Missing Taxiways Issue in P3D v2 HELP!

Ive spent the past 4 hours looking at posts on how to fix the issue in v2 where taxiways have vanished from certain airports. Most of the posts say you need the latest version of ADE. I have it. They then explain how to reset the flags using ADE. What NONE of them say is how to save the file and make it work in P3dv2. Its driving me nuts! Its like they assume you have a engineering degree and are a professional scenery editor. Forexample take at look at this link which explains how it is supposedly done in 3 short steps. http://scruffyduck.clarify-it.com/d/zq9mtw

After looking at that link, I have the following simple questions.

1. Which bgl file do I open inside the scenery folder of said airport? I see 5 different bgl files in there. 3 of which open the airport diagram.

2. Once I have reset all draw flags by pressing the simple button, then click yes on the following screen, is says to do the following:

After a short time the list will be redisplayed and the flags will be properly set.

Save the list to return to the project.

Remember to save the project to be sure that the updated information is stored.

3. How do I save the darn list?

4. How do I send the new modified bgl to the sim? 

Thanks for the assistance. This is all very frustrating . That link shows the first 3 steps perfectly. It even gives numbered pictures. But after that, it falls flat on it butt. Its as if the author got a booty call, and needed to upload the document within 60 seconds or else the prospect would be gone! lol

1. You don't open any existing sceneries, you "Open stock airport" from the file menu and then the .bgl ADE makes will exclude the stock airport replacing it with the one with fixed taxiways.

2, 3. You don't save anything in the list, just reset the draw flags, you'll "save" it when you compile the airport

4. Make a folder under Addon Scenery maybe name it "Fixed taxiways" or whatever, it doesn't matter. Inside the "Fixed taxiways" folder make a "Scenery" folder, then in ADE do "File > Compile airport" and save it in the new Scenery folder. Go into the scenery library in P3D2 and add the "Fixed taxiways" folder as a new scenery area. After that you can compile any airports you fix into the aforementioned Scenery folder and they should show up in the sim.

EDIT: Oops, it looks like you're trying to fix an addon scenery rather than a stock airport, disregard #1 until you find a stock airport you need to fix. Which scenery are you trying to fix? That's sort of a crap shoot as the designer could have done any number of things, you need to find the .bgl with the taxiways in it obviously, do you see taxiways in all three?

Jim

• Upvote 1

1. You don't open any existing sceneries, you "Open stock airport" from the file menu and then the .bgl ADE makes will exclude the stock airport replacing it with the one with fixed taxiways.

2, 3. You don't save anything in the list, just reset the draw flags, you'll "save" it when you compile the airport

4. Make a folder under Addon Scenery maybe name it "Fixed taxiways" or whatever, it doesn't matter. Inside the "Fixed taxiways" folder make a "Scenery" folder, then in ADE do "File > Compile airport" and save it in the new Scenery folder. Go into the scenery library in P3D2 and add the "Fixed taxiways" folder as a new scenery area. After that you can compile any airports you fix into the aforementioned Scenery folder and they should show up in the sim.

EDIT: Oops, it looks like you're trying to fix an addon scenery rather than a stock airport, disregard #1 until you find a stock airport you need to fix. Which scenery are you trying to fix? That's sort of a crap shoot as the designer could have done any number of things, you need to find the .bgl with the taxiways in it obviously, do you see taxiways in all three?

Jim

Hi Jim, thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I sincerely appreciate it. The scenery in question is for Darwin Airport in Australia. YPDN. I obtained this freeware scenery from here, on avsim authored by Roger Leupold. Inside the scenery folder, there are 6 bgl files. 2 of which show taxiways when opened in ADE. 

Hi Chad, I honestly don't get why there are 2 AFD .bgls and they both seem roughly the same, that's not really how it should be done but without getting into a massive reconstruction project, I would run ADE and "open airport from BGL", open "Darwin.BGL", reset the flags according to the tutorial, then do File > Compile airport and browse to the scenery folder you opened it from, save it again as "Darwin.BGL" overwriting the original. Then just repeat the process for "DarCity.BGL".

Doing it this way you don't really change anything in the scenery except for resetting the draw flags. Note you'll need the P3D2 SDK installed to compile the airport if you don't have that already.

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim

Thank you Jim, IT WORKS, great..

I'm glad you found it useful pstrom, and welcome to the forum BTW :smile: