Sign in to follow this  
orazzaz

Rex4 and REX Essential Plus w/ OverDrive

Quick Question. If I run REX4 and use REX OD to get my weather, On the weather page is a button WX TEXTURES that places the best set to suit . will this use the REX4 textures or over ride them with the OD texture sets?

once you install the rex4 textures don't  install textures  from the rexe  textures, just open up rexe  to use  the  weather  engine nothing else( don't install textures from rexe   since it will than overite  what you have done  with rex4)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

That's what I thought would happen, Thanks pete. I have both REX OD and ASN, Looks like I will pick up REX4 today, reading this post,now all my questions were answered.

That's what I thought would happen, Thanks pete. I have both REX OD and ASN, Looks like I will pick up REX4 today, reading this post,now all my questions were answered.

Yea good choice thats what iam using now works great asn +rex4 textures together

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello,

I am looking for alternative textures for FSX.  Just to make I sure I understood this thread correctly, the common understanding is that REX4 offers superior textures than that which comes with REXE W/ OD.  Therefore the thread recommends to go with REX4 for textures and anything else for the weather engine i.e. ASN, REXE, etc...

Is that correct?

Cheers,

T.

So if I bought another weather engine, then it would be safe/smart to remove RexE to get back some space (since Rex4 does all the textures).

Hello:  I am new to the forum thing so I may be off base by asking this here. Apologies if it's not the right forum.  Anyway here is my problem: I have just installed REX Essential plus Overdrive to use with FSX. The installation was by disk as my PC had crashed and I lost my original install. The install went as it should and all was fine until I clicked on "Fly Now". All that happened was it blinked once but no FSX came on. I tried several more times and retried opening Rex again but nothing changed, I still cannot get it to start FSX.I tried starting FSX but no REX weather showed so obviously there is no communication between REX and FSX.  Has anyone had this happen and does anyone have a solution?

Firstly apologies for resurecting this old topic, but just noticed that Rex have a sale on of their products.

Now I already own and have installed Rex Essential+OD and Rex Soft Clouds, and I now use ASN as my weather engine, instead of that in RexEOD.

Cutting through all the hype, my question is are the textures in Rex Texture Direct+SoftClouds that much different than RexEOD, and therefore is it worth spending £12 or so purchasing RexTD, given that I already own Rex Soft Clouds?

Appreciate hearing others experience or opinions.

Thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

REX Essential Overdrive was developed about 2 years prior to REX 4 Texture Direct/Soft Clouds.   It included a lot of the textures from the original release of REX v1, v2.  Essentials has been updated along the way to compensate for new ways of doing things and the release of P3D v1, v2.  However, it was limited to Direct X 9 technology.

REX 4 Texture Direct has built into it all that we learned in better processing textures since the release of Essentials.  In addition, the textures are better optimized for DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 (if you are using P3D v2, v3).   They are completely new textures from Essentials with higher detail.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com