Sign in to follow this  
Billy738

VNAV SPD and CLB issues 737ngx

I have flown the NGX since it cAme out pretty much. No problems what so ever. Within the last week I have been having problems with vnav. Whenever I engage the vnav it works fine until about 20000 fit and then it does a climb rate of about 250 a minute and can't hold aggisgned CLB speed. Once I finally get to cruise it can't hold the speed and does like 50 less then I put in.

Any suggestion are appreciated.

I think I fixed it. My dad is a UAL 737 pilot. He told me what to do. I had to set the N1 to CON not AUTO

I think I fixed it. My dad is a UAL 737 pilot. He told me what to do. I had to set the N1 to CON not AUTO

At cruise, CON would actually be more thrust available than CRZ, so that probably isn't the issue.

Matt Cee

Yes that's what the problem was. I wasn't getting enough thrust for some reason. It is a temp fix until he gets home and can look at it him self and we what's going on.

It works fine on CON

At cruise, CON would actually be more thrust available than CRZ, so that probably isn't the issue.

At cruise Con and CRZ will probably be the same. You shouldn't have to switch to CON on the climb. There is something going on with his sim that isn't being described.

At cruise Con and CRZ will probably be the same. You shouldn't have to switch to CON on the climb. There is something going on with his sim that isn't being described.

CRZ usually runs about 5% less than the other N1 limits when at altitude. When I'm flying through mountain wave, I select CON so I can get back on speed more easily after a loss of airspeed.

I agree that something else is probably going on.

Matt Cee

We don't even use CRZ at AA.  Policy is to manually select CLB on the N1 limit page after reaching cruise altitude.  I also agree his issue lies with something else.

Whoops sorry I was thinking CLB and CON should be the same.

Billy, so up to 20,000 feet it climbs fine? If so, the what engine parameters change at 20,000 feet? We need a bunch more info than what you are giving us.

Hello,I had the same issue, I found entry responsible for it, in FSUIPC4.ini under [JoystickCalibration] and delete entry Flaps=-16383,16384/16 or any values you have there. Flaps axis should be assigned via FSX not FSUIPC, and this entry also causes the same problems to 777.

hope this helps :-)

Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

Hello,I had the same issue, I found entry responsible for it, in FSUIPC4.ini under [JoystickCalibration] and delete entry Flaps=-16383,16384/16 or any values you have there. Flaps axis should be assigned via FSX not FSUIPC, and this entry also causes the same problems to 777.

hope this helps :-)

Rado

Hmmm, since a win8 update on a new PC a few weeks ago I was loosing my joystick randomally (like many others [http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393486-windows-8-joystick-megathread-problem/page-15#entry2638291]) and after many attempts to aviod this problem I found that assigning FSUIPC4 to handle the axis and disabling joysticks in FSX solved my problem 100%.

All was well till I got my my 737ngx installed again and now after some flights I am getting a few seemingly different problems (one, Auto pilot not engaging Sel Hdg I feel maybe due to the CMOS battery or motherboard crystall problem posted elsewhere [http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412676-ngx-auto-fail/?p=2830028]). But I now wonder after seeing a few posts suggesting that the joystick axis have to be assigned via FSX does this mean that I will not be able to fly PMDG on my current setup?

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Hello, I have all axes assigned via FSUIPC, axis set, except of flaps, everything works fine,no issues.

Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs