Sign in to follow this  
MigzPT

[FSX] Door Problems [Controlls]

Hello Pilots :D

I have recently been flying in FSX, so I decide to do what my friend say, install GSX, so I did that.

As a part they say open exit 3, but when I do SHIFT+E+3 it opens me the main exit if I do SHIFT+E+2 it closes, it means that every numeric number is only assign to one door, the MAIN EXIT.

I already deleted the Santandar.xml and I FSX Created a New Controll Assign but it seems that FSX always load the same assign I did my own before :/

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

I used FSUIPC to program three spare buttons on my joystick with the FS control  "Toggle aircraft exit" and parameters 1, 2 and 3. This avoids having to use Shift + E etc.

Bob

Hi MigzPT, I had the same problem when I installed GSX.  It would seem that FSX doesn't really like three button combinations; it's a timing issue.  I got around the problem by going into your key assignments within FSX.  Scroll down until you find the command for opening and closing doors and reassign a two button combination.  I happen to use ` 1, `2, and `3  ( ` is the key left of No.1, 2, 3 etc)  This works well for me, but any two key combination will work.

If you use FSUIPC and have some spare buttons on Hardware, then Bob is quite right, that would work well.

Press SHIFT and hold, then press E, and then release both. Then press 1 to open the main door, then press 1 again to close. Press 2 to open the cargo doors, then press 2 again to close. etc.

Dave

Hi!

I tried the same thing only I used the letter W. Somewhere somehow W is programmed as a double key press. I hit it once, the door opens then closes. I can't keep the door from closing.

Conversely, if the door's open and I hit W, it'll close then re-open. I've tried playing with the Repeat box but it doesn't give me any results either.

Any ideas? Tkx!

Doug

First thing would be to reassign door open back to default Shift+E keys.  W is assigned  for use in the 2D cockpit.

If you hit the key to open the door and it opens and then immediately closes, it means you are parked too close

to the refueling spot.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: