Sign in to follow this  
WotanUK

Anyone with experience of Earth Simulations?

Hello,

Does anybody have experience of the Earth Simulations Isle of Man scenery; i have never heard of the company before, i was looking for somewhere different to fly my Q400 too and this looked interesting.

Ian R Tyldesley

I've got their Scilly Isles scenery and it's the best looking scenery I've ever used. That said, it came with a bloatware installer that is the worst I've ever used, so I've deleted it. I also ran into some trouble with conflicts with other scenery, but got it sorted out through their support forum.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yes had their treescapes software but haven't bothered reinstalling - as simmerhead says the installation process is so complicated I didn't bother putting it on my new SSD and won't be purchasing anything else from them until they use a system that doesn't require a PhD in patience and computing. It's a pity because their IOM and Alderney scenery looks wonderful.

If you have a few hours free to install it am sure it will be fabulous!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I bought there Gurney and it completey screwed my fsx install, nothing would get it back to normal. I will never buy from them again.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yes had their treescapes software but haven't bothered reinstalling - as simmerhead says the installation process is so complicated I didn't bother putting it on my new SSD and won't be purchasing anything else from them until they use a system that doesn't require a PhD in patience and computing. It's a pity because their IOM and Alderney scenery looks wonderful.

If you have a few hours free to install it am sure it will be fabulous!

It is indeed fabulous and the installation is not near as cumbersome as this thread makes it out to be, although the download will take most of the day. An Avsim review of IOM should be published in the next week or so. A forum review search should find the award winning Isles of Scilly by Earth Simulations.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Have to agree with the current majority. It all looks great, a lot of work went into its creation. BUT...there installers are a nightmare. Had the original Treescapes but when the time came to rebuild the Sim I just couldn't be bothered jumping through all the hoops again. So it has not been reinstalled. Nor have I purchased anymore of there products.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Hmm thank you all for your help...  I think i'll hold off.

Ian R Tyldesley

I bought there Gurney and it completey screwed my fsx install, nothing would get it back to normal. I will never buy from them again.

Yup agreed. When I questioned them on it the fan boys over there on their support pages raked me over the coals. But they did give me my money back.

(Edit, why is "fan Boys" XXX out?)

(Edit, why is "fan Boys" XXX out?)

It's considered a phrase that can ignite peoples emotion i.e. offensive to some.

Ian R Tyldesley

The only thing keeping me going through 5 volumes of Treescapes was the thought that "I really needed those trees!!". 

Same thing happened to me unfortunately, each time I tried to install using that awful program of theirs it would cause a mass of issues.

I never once saw a piece of autogen on the island, even with their hard to follow FAQ/update/fix. Then also noticed what it did to my default FSX autogen.....goners.

Hi Guys,

Agree with all of the above, the products are tremendous, (powerful PC required!) but installing, and uninstalling, are a complete nightmare!

Mal...

I agree with most of what's been said.  Sure, IMO, the installer, and in fact the website, was/is the worst I have ever come across. BUT, when installed, the scenery is the best I have ever used. I have Guernsey and it's gorgeous. I would probably go as far to say that because the scenery is so good, it's almost worth any issues you may have with installation. Check out the autogen placement in this vid... BTW, watch it on YouTube at 720Res HD

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Check out the autogen placement in this vid... BTW, watch it on YouTube at 720Res HD

It does look very impressive, thank you for pointing me at the video.  I can't help but feel that the music would have been more appropriate cruising along the sea front in Havana though! :P   

Ian R Tyldesley