Sign in to follow this  
SamsonTheGreat

Dark and Snowy Night...

So after seeing Chibera (Chicago over the past week) photos and flying at night for a while in fsx, I've noticed that night and snow is rather weird in the sim. All of the planes are dark at night on the ground, and snow doesn't accumulate on planes. basically whats in the photo below isn't in the sim.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/551x532q90/839/oehq.jpg

The snow is just me wanting to see something super realistic, but the night thing is an issue. Could this ever be fixed? Or does this go down the very core of FSX. I've something like this in X-Plane. 

FSX snow effects are probably one of the most unrealistic things about the game.  It's quite strange to approach the airport in a blizzard and seeing all of the taxiways and tarmacs in perfect clear condition.

Also, there is no snow on the roofs of autogen and other buildings.

biggest problem with snow for me is when it hasn't snowed in the UK for a year and it's still covered in the stuff.

why is it that as soon as it's december in FSX the whole of the landscape is covered in snow.

I use real weather but it doesn't make any difference.

steve

why is it that as soon as it's december in FSX the whole of the landscape is covered in snow.

I use real weather but it doesn't make any difference.

Using RW weather has nothing to do with the problem.  The problem is with the crappy way FSX displays seasons.  The only way I have ever found to get around the problem is to fly my flights on some arbitrary date, perhaps some day in late November but use the wx for the correct date.  Not much of a way to get around the problem but works the least bad, IMHO.

To my personal troll:  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all about the problems associated with programming, files to display yadda X 3.  Who cares.  It's a crappy depiction.

That's a good idea dan.and the bonus of using a virtual landscape.

if only i could do this in the UK at the moment :smile:

steve