Sign in to follow this  
larsumm

WHAT OS

Hi all,

I have been reading a lot of neg posts and a lot of pos post about Prepar3d. I received P3d v2 for C'mas, which I asked for.  And installed in on my old win 7 32 bit os, and it was terrible to say the least. I then re-installed my 64 bit os and the difference was night & day.

So, I would like to ask anyone who wants to take the time here to reply to this post simply by saying,,,,,,,,1), does P3d work fair, good, or great ,for you, and 2) what OS system you have on your computer,,,,,32 bit or 64 bit?

exp;

my P3d works, good and I have a 32 bit os

my P3d works fair, and I'm have a 64 bit os

I'm just wondering how P3d in running, and how, and on what os system is being used?

Larry

My P3d works quite okay (considering it's the very first unpatched version), and I have a 64 bit OS (which imho is mandatory!).

@Larry,

64 bit Win 7 or Win 8 is not only mandatory, but your system should also have at least 8 GB of physical RAM and preferably more.

Make sure to edit your AVSim profile so that it includes your computer specs. That way, other people here will be able to assist you with problems.

Works well on my Win 8.1 64 bit OS.

This is what I'm thinking when I wrote this post, or trying to figure out. All of you which have good results with P3d are running 64 bit os. But have heard nothing from any 32 bit os, about how well P3d is running?  I'm wondering if all, or most of those that are not having any luck should have 64 bit os to solve the problem

It would be nice to hear from others about this.

I see I have 2 posts about this, but was having trouble and wasn't sure the first attempt was successful.

Larry

My recommendation would be Windows 8.1

I've run P3DV2 on both Windows 7 64bit and Windows 8.1 64bit with 16GB RAM.  I found performance to be significantly better on Windows 8.1 with the exact same specification of computer.  Both fully patched and latest drivers installed.

My recommendation would be Windows 8.1

I've run P3DV2 on both Windows 7 64bit and Windows 8.1 64bit with 16GB RAM.  I found performance to be significantly better on Windows 8.1 with the exact same specification of computer.  Both fully patched and latest drivers installed.

Hi,

are you sure about this assumption? Our subjective feeling can sometimes deceive us a lot.

I had the Windows 8.1 customer preview version installed but nothing worked well. FSX didn't start and USB was faulty. I went back to Windows 8 and now I still shy away to upgrade again.

Spirit

Hi I haven't made any assumption the built in frame rate counter confirmed better performance by quite some margin over 10fps running under windows 8.1 compared with Windows 7.  Using the SIM is it noticeable smoother so subjective as you say was definitely better backed up by sim itself.  No idea why but Windows 8.1 runs P3D V2 better on my PC compared with the previous Windows 7 install.

I haven't had any USB issues although I know someone who did, solved by removing the motherboard manufacturers drivers.

I installed FSX on Sunday and it runs without any issues on 8.1.

I installed FSX on Sunday and it runs without any issues on 8.1.

Thanks for the information. I guess I'll wait a bit longer and stay with Windows 8.

Spirit