Sign in to follow this  
fraxyyy

VC Taxiing - sliding view / point of view

Good evening everyone :)

I started to fly the awesome tripple seven yesterday and I am currently on my second flight from Dubai to Düsseldorf!

I have one problem tho:

When I taxi my view in the virtual cockpit is sliding to the left or right while turning. When I finish my turn the view stays there which means that after every turn the view is messed up and I am sitting either in the center console or way off to the left.

I followed the "Introduction" in order to set up my FSX (if that might help you with helping me).

Can anyone figure out what is wrong or does anyone have a solution? :)

Happy landings!

It is an issue with FSX viewpoint coding and it can't be fixed - it is something we all deal with.  It has something to do with your orientation and proximity to the "North Pole" of FSX.  Depending how far or close you are to it (i.e. the countries you fly in) will determine how much the viewpoints shift.

Wow ok that is bad news.

But that explains the difference in shifting between EDDL or OMDB.

Thank you for your quick answers.

Are there any freeware addons to fix or create a better view except FSRecorder?

You know what the funny thing is, I don't notice this as badly in the NGX, I wonder why.

Bryan, I beleive it is also a function of the VC viewpoint distance from the model's centre of rotation.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

The rotation centre of the aircraft is roughly where the main lainding gear is, give or take a few metres or so.

The distance from that point to the cockpit is obviously a lot shorter in the 737 than it is in the 777.

The longer your plane is, the worse this effect is.

And there's that effect of being closer/further from the North/South pole in there too.

FSX was made that way. It effects large/long aircraft regardless of the developer.

Wow ok that is bad news.

But that explains the difference in shifting between EDDL or OMDB.

Thank you for your quick answers.

Are there any freeware addons to fix or create a better view except FSRecorder?

I have commented on this issue on at least two other threads as well.

I have TrackIR and with that the bug in no problem for me.

I just look where I need to and if the viewpoint drifts I just turn my head a little more.

(others have disagreed with me that TrackIR solves this problem)

OPUS FSX is a weather engine plus a camera tool.

You can create eyepoint/viewpoints as much as you like and they have added a feature recently that they claim solves this bug. (I have OPUS, but have not tried this feature yet. No time and low priority because I dont ave the problem to begin with with TrackIR).

Rob Robson

OPUS' camera view with the head motion active (I can't remember the exact term) appears to force reset the viewpoint. This would eliminate this "drift"

A

Basically, I made a video demonstrating this.

I would hope there was a fix, by tricking the sim to thinking the aircraft is smaller than it is, or something like that, because it does bug me a lot.

BTW, interestingly this is worse near the equator than it is near the polar regions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sAy4Sld_Tc4

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I have TrackIR and with that the bug in no problem for me.
I just look where I need to and if the viewpoint drifts I just turn my head a little more.
(others have disagreed with me that TrackIR solves this problem)

TrackIR didn't solve the problem - you're just compensating for it.  People without TrackIR can do the same thing - just move the viewpoint to what you want.  However, that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

The point is if you are looking dead ahead and don't look around, the viewpoint shifts. Off course with trackir if you want to look at something you can compensate, but that's not the point. The point is if you are not trying to "look at something" and just look outside the cockpit.

(yes I have trackir..)

TrackIR didn't solve the problem - you're just compensating for it. People without TrackIR can do the same thing - just move the viewpoint to what you want. However, that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

Yeah but you and everybody else who keep giving me a similar response are not paying attention to what I am trying to get across.

I did not say the bug is solved with TrackIR.

I did not say the problem does not exist anymore with TrackIR.

I said this:

"I have TrackIR and with that the bug in no problem for me."

It is easier deal with the bug with TrackIR then with a hat switch. This is only my opinion and all I do here is give users who are bugged by this bug :-) an option to deal with it.

Ofcourse there is no difference between correcting your eyepoint with TrackIR or by hat switch.....and I never said that....you are doing the same thing with both methods except that I find it easier with TrackIR.

(Ps I am in no way affiliated to TrackIR and by no means do I make any money by recommending it.)

And here is a link a small AVSIM OPUS thread that talks about how OPUS fixes this bug (or compensating if you want).

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422820-lcc/

I am sure much info can be found on the OPUS FSX forums.

Just another option you can try (or not).

• Upvote 1

Rob Robson