Sign in to follow this  
jgrobs

My mic works but FS2Crew can't hear me

You are hilarious. As I stated, it works on and off, mostly off. If you aren't going to support your product, please refund my purchase price.

I helped you via a remote desktop and we got it working.  Your mic wasn't set as your recording device.

If you didn't change any settings, etc., on your system after that, then something is amiss on your system.

FWIW I've just experienced a similar problem. So it turned out, that in the Realtek HD audio Manager (which is driving my headset), I had turned on Accoustic Noise Cancellation and Background Noise Reduction. That apparently did something in relations to my mic, and turning this off, got my mic back. When turned on, I was not able to see any microphone readout in the windows setup dialog/window and Fs2Crew didn't pick anything up, but was able to get a readout through the Realtek manager itself, which got me really confused in the beginning. By luck, I turned off the Noise reduction, and my mic came blasting back... 

Hope everyone got their stuff sorted out.

Martin

Just reinstalled FS2Crew as part of a total reinstallation of both Windows 10 and P3Dv2.5 after building a new rig and everything is working really good except for FS2Crew.

I have the exact problem discussed here...FS2Crew doesn't hear me and in my case I never see the green bar.

I have made sure my mic is working both in Windows by looking at the volume bar next to the mic when checking my recording devices and I also tried the mic with vPilot (the pilot client for VATSIM) and it works just fine there as well when communicating with ATC.

FS2Crew let me change from button to voice and it said voice recognition was started and it stays at voice input but still I can't get FS2Crew to hear a single word I say.

Must be something I'm overlooking so could someone please open my eyes :wink:

Richard Åsberg

I could try that but if it was the voice training profile wouldn't that just mean I wouldn't have good results rather than the green bar not showing up at all?

Since I also have this other issue not being able to successfully exit out of P3D with FS2Crew installed it's tempting to think the two issues are related or what do you think?

I wonder if this could be a Windows 10 issue caused by some new MS updates that were applied recently or maybe something with .NET versions or something similar?

What I do know is that I have been able to use FS2Crew in Windows 10 before without any issues on my old rig.

Richard Åsberg

Just tried creating a brand new voice profile but still the same problem, no green bar and can't exit successfully out of P3D without it hanging as posted in another thread.

As soon as I uninstall FS2Crew P3D exits just fine again.

Richard Åsberg

What I do know is that I have been able to use FS2Crew in Windows 10 before without any issues on my old rig.

Maybe thing was installed incorrectly on your new rig?

Windows 10 itself should make no difference since I use Windows 10 with no issues.  Maybe there's a Win 10 driver issue with your new rig?

Hard to guess.

Are you using Reboot?

Send me a Support Ticket at: www.fs2crew.com

I've had the same problem in two clean installs of Win10 so not sure what to think.

I'm just doing my third install of Win10 so if I still have the same issue I'll send you a ticket.

Richard Åsberg

How was this issue resolved here? I am having the same issue, with a new system reinstall

I don't know if it's related but I have this happen with Fs2crew, it active alone hold on check-list.

If I said resume check-list things return to normal.

I think that the fault is win 10 something  is not right many things get change without  your control.