Sign in to follow this  
mlovetto

cabin won't pressurize

I have turned that small knob many times and it has not done anything.

However, I did a trouble ticket a couple days ago to Carenado and they said to set the rate ... I responded and said it did not work for me. Have not gotten a response to that yet.

So, the question is ... how and when (what altitude) did you chance the rate and have it do the right thing?

Does it change in small or large increments ...

gborch,

"Make sure to depressurize with both dials 500ft above dest Airport alt and move small dial to desend at your required desent rate..  the dump above approach"

What is this about?

I thought we were climbing to our cruise altitude?

Like you were trying to go up to 37000 feet on the dial?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

HEY... OK   I read up this pdf

www.smartcockpit.com/download.php?path=docs/&file=Raytheon_Beechcraft_1_00D-SYSTEMS_DESCRIPTION.pdf

Page 38 talks about the pressurization system

When I set the small dial to a rate of 1500fpm ( CLIMB )  my warning went AWAY and...  Pressure is correct on gauge.. May have the solutuion

Oh my god  .. finally....   Of course carenado NO mention of any this   ..switch is a bug... if in test position it is really in PRESS mode

Make sure to depressurize with both dials 500ft above dest Airport alt and move small dial to desend at your required desent rate..  the dump above approach

Good to hear. The PDF I posted says that on the rate control selector knob should be at the 12 o'clock position for the most comfortable cabin rate of climb.

After takeoff small dial  I can go from 2fpm to 5000+ FPM turn to right   set big dial first all the way  then turn the small dial when climing to equal your climb rate..     try the pdf it helps  pg 38-40

www.smartcockpit.com/download.php?path=docs/&file=Raytheon_Beechcraft_1_00D-SYSTEMS_DESCRIPTION.pdf

No but the image that was posted shows nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much all the images that have been posted have nothing wrong with them.

Good to hear. The PDF I posted says that on the rate control selector knob should be at the 12 o'clock position for the most comfortable cabin rate of climb.

YES  THANK YOU

looks ok now no warn

316w36v.jpg10xypvd.jpg

yes

yes

2199t6o.jpgivyhpd.jpg

OK I see what is going on here. You have set the cabin altitude pressure to 10,000 feet, which means you are only going to start pressurizing the aircraft when the inside reaches a pressure equivalent to a pressure altitude of 10,000 (which means the plane will be trying to depressurize the aircraft up to that point). So the airplane is climbing at say 1500fpm but you have the rate selector at only 500fpm so that means the outside of the airplane will reach a low pressure while the inside of the plane will only be slowly releasing it's pressure which creates a differential in the red. If you have the rate selector at 1500fpm the outside and the inside of the plane will have the same pressure up to 10,000 feet.

OK I see what is going on here. You have set the cabin altitude pressure to 10,000 feet, which means you are only going to start pressurizing the aircraft when the inside reaches a pressure equivalent to a pressure altitude of 10,000 (which means the plane will be trying to depressurize the aircraft up to that point). So the airplane is climbing at say 1500fpm but you have the rate selector at only 500fpm so that means the outside of the airplane will reach a low pressure while the inside of the plane will only be slowly releasing it's pressure which creates a differential in the red. If you have the rate selector at 1500fpm the outside and the inside of the plane will have the same pressure up to 10,000 feet.

Bingo  ..   i have been messing around with this forever never got it until this forum  very helpful  Thanks to all   Gary

Gborch,

Ok,

For people flying and testing the problem(s) with cabin pressure and settings procedures in the Carenado B1900D.

I just got this reply from Carenado Support.

There is a problem and a possible (work around) solution .... but we have to fly the plane and test it :

Carenado Support, Jan 23 10:23:

Greetings,
Starting for the beginning, the pressurization controls are two knobs, the big one which sets the cabin altitude, and a little knob which controls the vertical speed of the cabin. For some reason the simulator starst with a goal cabin altitude of -2000ft and of course a negative vertical speed too. So, for make it work, you need to set the cabin altitude to a breathable atmosphere, less than 10.000fts, lets suppose 8.000ft, doing this with the big knob, then you need to set the vertical speed of the cabin to a comfortable one, let's suppose 1.000ft/min. For setting the numbers correctly please look at the tooltips by leaving the mouse over the knob for a second. Then the instruments will shows that the cabin is raising altitude to a rate of 1.000ft/min until it reaches the goal cabin alt, in this case 8.000ft.
Doing this in our end all works fine, please let me know if you continues with the issue, or if the press system is not working this way on your end.
Regards

Carenado Support

Best Regards,

Ok, I tested the procedure and it worked, which I reported to Carenado.

Then I reported these current issues:

In the Carenado P46T I can set any cruise altitude, takeoff and it tracks properly.
In the Carenado B1900D the cruise altitude cannot be set (there is no "set Altitude" pointer) and it does not track properly if you try to cruise at 16000 feet.
I did a screen shot of each set for a cruise altitude of 19000 feet.
The 1900D is wrong. Both in numeric indicators and operation.
The P46T is correct.

I got a very good news reply from Carenado for the B1900D:
We've changed the model and the press system will be upgraded in the service pack.

post-140279-0-04955800-1390510323.jpg

post-140279-0-95837300-1390510332.jpg

Best Regards,

Ok, I tested the procedure and it worked, which I reported to Carenado.

Then I reported these current issues:

In the Carenado P46T I can set any cruise altitude, takeoff and it tracks properly.

In the Carenado B1900D the cruise altitude cannot be set (there is no "set Altitude" pointer) and it does not track properly if you try to cruise at 16000 feet.

I did a screen shot of each set for a cruise altitude of 19000 feet.

The 1900D is wrong. Both in numeric indicators and operation.

The P46T is correct.

I got a very good news reply from Carenado for the B1900D:

We've changed the model and the press system will be upgraded in the service pack.

The texture on the dial is wrong. That 19 should be something like 14 thousand I think. But good news they are working on any problems. I am waiting for a service pack before I buy.

Concur, its a bug report to Carenado.

OBE!

"A dual scale indicator dial is mounted in the center of the pressurization controller. The outer scale (CABIN ALT) indicates
the maximum ambient pressure altitude which the pressurization controller is set to maintain. The inner scale (ACFT ALT) indicates the maximum ambient pressure altitude at which the aircraft can fly without causing the cabin pressure altitude to climb above the value selected on the outer scale (CABIN ALT) of the dial. The indicated value on each scale is read opposite the index mark at the forward (top) position of the dial. Both scales rotate together when the cabin altitude selector knob, placarded CABIN ALT, is turned. The maximum cabin pressure altitude is selected by turning the cabin altitude selector knob until the desired setting on the CABIN ALT dial is aligned with the index mark. The maximum cabin altitude
may be selected anywhere from SL to 10,000 feet. The rate at which the cabin pressure altitude changes from the current value to the selected value is controlled by rotating the rate control selector knob. The rate of change may be selected from approximately 200 to 2000 feet per minute. The actual cabin pressure altitude is continuously indicated by the cabin altimeter, which is mounted in the right side of the panel that is located between the caution/advisory annunciator panel and the pedestal. Immediately to the left of the cabin altimeter is the cabin vertical speed (CABIN CLIMB) indicator, which continuously indicates the rate at which the cabin pressure altitude is changing.

The only thing is that the image on the dial is incorrect. Opposite 2 should be about 14, not 19. PSI at 2000ft is 13.7 and at 14000ft is about 8.7 which is a difference of 5 (1900d's max differential pressure).

I am Not able to move the small knob but on some pics i saw that the small knob was moved!?

Use the mouse scroll wheel.

Best Regards,

I have found that above FL12 or so, you need to crank up the dial to around 25-28k to get the diff light to extinguish.

Does anyone out there have trouble holding ALt. in  B1900? The plane keeps rollercoastering for me. Thanks.

I think 25K is about it for the B1900D.

No roller coaster.

No red light.

Did you read the procedure for setting cabin altitude (few posts previous) until Carenado does SP1 to fix the bugs?

Best Regards,