Sign in to follow this  
mlovetto

cabin won't pressurize

Have you opened a support trouble ticket with Carenado and given them the real world photo of what they should be using.

I just found it ten minutes ago so not yet.

Here is what the real gauge looks like: f1z1Zc4.jpg

Maybe it is me but that looks like the controller out of the 1900C as opposed to the 1900D. 4.8 PSID as opposed to 5.0 PSID.

Maybe it is me but that looks like the controller out of the 1900C as opposed to the 1900D. 4.8 PSID as opposed to 5.0 PSID.

You are probably right, it came from http://www.scribd.com/doc/156449280/Flight-Safety-Beechcraft-1900-Airliner-Pilot-Training-Manual# which is for the 1900 but I guess that includes C as well. Although that controller is more accurate than the one they have currently.

That Pilot's training manual includes serials UA, UB, UC and UEs.  But, you are right, it is much better than the B200/300 cabin controller currently included.

I just got this reply from Carenado Support.

There is a problem and a possible (work around) solution .... but we have to fly the plane and test it :

Carenado Support, Jan 23 10:23:

... For some reason the simulator starts with a goal cabin altitude of -2000ft and of course a negative vertical speed too. So, for make it work, you need to set the cabin altitude to a breathable atmosphere....

Carenado Support

I recall a similar problem with the TBM850.. and the fix which I have (again) sent to Carenado..

Just add this to an update section:

<!--  Set Pressurization Goal to zero, if negative  -->

(A:PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE GOAL, feet) -30 < if{ 1 (>K:PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_ALT_INC) }

Bert

I recall a similar problem with the TBM850.. and the fix which I have (again) sent to Carenado..

Just add this to an update section:

<!--  Set Pressurization Goal to zero, if negative  -->

(A:PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE GOAL, feet) -30 < if{ 1 (>K:PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_ALT_INC) }

Yep,

The work-a-round they mentioned to me was to set the goal altitude during departure (outer numbers on the dial face or hover the mouse pointer over the dial and set using tool tips) to what you wanted for a cabin altitude at you intended cruise altitude.

That will fix the software but the gauge inner/outer ref numbers on the dial face are still wrong in SP1.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

That will fix the software but the gauge inner/outer ref numbers on the dial face are still wrong in SP1.

Indeed, and that is up to Carenado to fix   :rolleyes:  

Bert

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if Carenado have gotten of their back sides and fixed this yet?

I have just experienced this problem for the first time today - it hasn't happened before. I was flying at FL195 and the Cabin DIFF HI light illuminated as I passed through 10,000 feet on the climb and extinguished when I descended through 10,000 feet. The Adjustment scales seemed to do nothing and the knob on the bottom left of those circular scales turns but doesn't seem to do anything either. I couldn't find anything in any of the manuals.

John G

I have just experienced this problem for the first time today - it hasn't happened before. I was flying at FL195 and the Cabin DIFF HI light illuminated as I passed through 10,000 feet on the climb and extinguished when I descended through 10,000 feet. The Adjustment scales seemed to do nothing and the knob on the bottom left of those circular scales turns but doesn't seem to do anything either. I couldn't find anything in any of the manuals.

John G

I fully discuss what is wrong, why it is wrong and what must be done to fix this issue on page 5. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/432056-cabin-wont-pressurize/page-5#entry2919997

Since it seems that Carenado is not going to fix the problem you have to use the chart I provided from the Beechcraft AFM to convert that altitude you want to fly at and add 1,000' then read across the right side of the scale until you get to the 5.1 PSID curve then straight down to the cabin altitude. Now set the cabin altitude on the top side of the scale and ignore the bottom side of the scale. If the cabin altitude is less than 500' above the destination airport pressure altitude then set the destination's pressure altitude +500'.

For example you wanted to cruise at Fl195 so add 1,000' to than (20,500) and enter the chart from the left and read to 5.1 PSID then straight down which is about 6,250'. Set the outside (Cabin) altitude to 6,250' unless the pressure altitude where you are landing is higher. i.e. if you are landing at KTEX and the altimeter setting is 29.92 then the pressure altitude of Telluride is 9,070' and we will add 500' to than and set the Cabin to 9.570'.

The fix is simple. The file Gauges_1900D_2.DDS needs to be edited with the correct inner scale. i.e. where the inner mark for a cabin altitude of 10,000' across mark an aircraft altitude of 26 ect. Someone with some time the chart I provided and a decent paint program could fix this. I doubt it would take Carenado an hour of time to fix this error.

Flipping it from test to dump does just that.. it dumps the pressure. Watch the gauge to confirm, but that's still not a fix.

Correct. Dumping the pressure eliminates the alert, but it will eventually come back. I'm taking it that Carenado STILL has not addressed this issue somewhere?

I just use the chat works fine. I just posted a request to carenado mentioning that issue and also asking for a loadout manager. Does any one have a load out one can add to the CFG that works.??

An old thread but thought I would add: I have recently jumped back into the airframe and have flown several legs upto and including FL240 with Pressurization working ok and no master warnings. If this helps anyone this is what I am doing ( I will look to post some FSX screen shots - plus I have some RW pressurization pics).

prior to departure, I set Cabin Alt to 8600ft when I plan crz alt of FL240 this produces max Diff at crz. Since a I climb at an avg of 1500fpm I set cabin climb for atleast 700fpm  to ensure I don't bust the max diff on the way up.

I know the RW procedure would have you select aircraft crz alt +500/1000ft but agree the gauge looks wrong.

Anyway hope this helps.