Sign in to follow this  
tupolev-154

PMDG MD-11 – Autopilot does not disengage

Hello

If I disengage the autopilot it does it partially only. That means that the ailerons can be operated manually but not the vertical level. It seems that it remains in the PROF mode. If APPR/LAND was set before

MD-11 follows the correct descent. But there is no way to operate the final manually. Sometimes however the MD-11 follows a wrong descent line (too short or too long) and there is no possibility to intervene.

If the flight lasts on hour or 90 minutes only the problem does not occur. I first thought REXessential/overdrive causes the Problem but this is obiviousliy not the case since it is the same the MS weather.

Has somebody experienced something similar? Or better is there a solution to resolve the problem?

Regards

Peter (LSZH)

(FSX, PMDG MD-11, REXessential+overdrive
Intel Core i7, 6 GB Cache, NVIDIA Geforce GTX570, SSD drive)

Peter Beringer

(GIGABYTE UD3H i7 4790K 4.00GHz - 16GB RAM - GTX 970 - Win7 64 bit - 1 TB SSD P3D V3

- 500GB SSD FSX - PMDG MD-11/FSX; 777-200 + 737/Prepar3d V3)

How are you disengaging the AP ?

Do you have the RCWS option selected ?  ..... PMDG menu in the sim , .."airline options"

Peter Schluter

"RCWS Equipped" is selected (and "GPS/GNS equipped" too)

In order to disengage the AP I usually push twice the yellow knob on the yoke. PFD shows "AP OFF" and it keeps on following the descending path - no manual Intervention is possible

Peter

LSZH

PS. I have a picture of the situation but there is no possibility to attach it

Peter Beringer

(GIGABYTE UD3H i7 4790K 4.00GHz - 16GB RAM - GTX 970 - Win7 64 bit - 1 TB SSD P3D V3

Do you hear the aural 'A/P disconnect' alert after your first button push and does your second one silence it?

Attaching a picture works after converting it into jpg format (no more than 400 KB) and using the 'More Reply Options'.

Using a hotkey ends in the same - there is no difference.

I hear the aural "A/P disconnect" and after pushing a second time the call out stops

post-331532-0-06224600-1389693868.png

Peter Beringer

I have forgotten the mention that I didn't have any similar problems with other planes e.g. the B-737NG by iFly

Peter Beringer

Thank you for helping me anyway - I will submit a ticket then to PMDG.

I wouldn't do this if I considered the MD-11 as a nasty plane :smile: - but obviously I have a nasty problem....

Have a good rest of the day!

Regards

Peter

LSZH

Peter Beringer