Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How to change P3D default start up location and airplane?

I don't want to be placed at Langley with the F22 everytime I load up. Is there a way I can specify which aircraft, time of day, date, and airport I want to be the default location, so that it'll place me there each and everytime I start up P3D?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes. Simply set up EVERYTHING the way you want it and then SAVE the flight and make sure the DEFAULT button is enabled (the large icon with the airplane on it). That's it and that's all! It works the same as it did in FSX. You can btw also make a flight default when you load it by selecting the flight in the list and enabling the default button before you click OK.

BTW For those who would like to have various 'default flights': simply save the various flights as regular flights and instead of starting P3D v2 by double clicking on the program's icon (which will in fact load the official default flight), double-click on the appropriate saved flight (which has the .fxml extension). This will load that flight, even when you have the startup screen enabled. You could make shortcuts to them on your desktop for easy access. This way you could for instance instantly load a specific plane in a specific location (like the Maule in Norway on a small airstrip and the F22 somewhere in the US or whatever) which saves you the time to do all that every time in the sim itself.

Beware only to use a default aircraft for your opening page. (It's something to do with how the gauges load.)

Dave Taylor gb.png

3 year old post....why bump it?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, G7USL said:

Beware only to use a default aircraft for your opening page. (It's something to do with how the gauges load.)

Hi G7USL, many thanks for this near essential but unspoken nugget, which I shalln't forget and will try to share.

If only I had known this a couple of weeks ago! Was struggling to open chosen startup plane (addon) and getting joystick hat panning failure. Assuming it was a hardware issue. Giving up! Accepting that I'd always have to start P3D with a jet in USA, rather than a Piston or Turbo in homeland UK and Ireland!

Because of your wisdom, I can now start with P3D's Just Flight Arrow in Birmingham. And tweak it from there! (Early this morning, Turbo Duke; Aberdeen to Inverness. Wonderful start to the day!)

Rod

• Upvote 1

If you want you can also setup your view and zoom level for all your views (VC and outside) and save it. Those will be saved as well with your default flight.  Never too late to learn something new... :)

Mike