Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Opinion of SSG 747-8

Basically, how is it? What's the system simulation like, and flight dynamics? I was originally turned off by the seemingly bland texturing but now I'm having second thoughts. Thanks in advance ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Well,

the flight dynamics feel good to me. I still think it accelerates on takeoff a bit too fast, but it's also true I have used it at GWs far from Max, and those 4 GEnx-2B67 @ 66,500 lb each are true "rockets" :-)

The FMC is acceptably done, stil incomplete, but the aircraft is still being updated / developed and will receive updates.

It copes well with X-Plane's time acceleration, but it would be great to have a feature like the "Jump to Next Waypoint" of the QPAC A320...

This Aerosoft Review is good: http://asn-xp.aerosoft.com/?page_id=5869

I am planning to give it a fair try on a long haul flight one of these days :-)  I will report back!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Basically, how is it? What's the system simulation like, and flight dynamics? I was originally turned off by the seemingly bland texturing but now I'm having second thoughts. Thanks in advance ;)

I told myself I wouldn't get this one. I thought the screenshots I've seen of it were unimpressive. Then I got an offer (10 bucks off if already owning the 757/777) I, for some reason, couldn't refuse. So now I have it. Just had the time for one complete flight in it yet, though. Seeing it live, the cockpit feels actually quite nice. The screenshots don't really do it justice I think. As for systems depth I can't tell at this point. VNAV kept me way to high on the flight-plan though. So I had to step in and take over. Eventually I managed to pull off an auto land at Munich airport during quite the rainstorm. The landing was just about perfect. I think I'm going to like this one to. 

I wonder if there's some kind of AAA-group for us shop-every-tubeliner-you-see type persons... :P

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Guest Mik75

Right now I am thinking about which long haul aircraft to get. The Ramzess 777 (I don't like the fact that I have to buy the full package to get the cargo version) or the B748. Is an F version included in this package?

Guest Mik75

Right now I am thinking about which long haul aircraft to get. The Ramzess 777 (I don't like the fact that I have to buy the full package to get the cargo version) or the B748. Is an F version included in this package?

I got an offer (10 bucks off if already owning the 757/777) I, for some reason, couldn't refuse.

That's what drew my attention back to this plane, I have the 757 and 777 so I received an email with the coupon.

I wonder if there's some kind of AAA-group for us shop-every-tubeliner-you-see type persons...

Tell me about it : / "My name is Jesse and I'm a simaholic!"

I am planning to give it a fair try on a long haul flight one of these days :-) I will report back!

That'd be great! Looking forward to hear what you have to say ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

That's what drew my attention back to this plane, I have the 757 and 777 so I received an email with the coupon.

Tell me about it : / "My name is Jesse and I'm a simaholic!"

That'd be great! Looking forward to hear what you have to say ;)

I'm sure I'm not going to regret getting it for $40. And as Jcomm said, It's getting updates and already as it stands now it feels good. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Looks promising but would benefit greatly from a professional paint job and texturing.

Not asking for McPhat level but QW or Aerosoft would be fine.

I was perusing around the SSG forum, and I just saw a post from a developer (Carlos) saying that they are currently redoing the cockpit textures. Yay! Here:http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=72568&page=24#entry793040

I think the 3D modelling looks fantastic on this plane. A new lick of paint would compliment it perfectly ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

This 747 has a lot of potential.

I have exchanged a few messages with two elements from their team, and found them to be also great fans of the best 744 sim of all atimes - Aerowinx PS1.

They aim to make the depth of the systems simulation as big as X-Plane 10 allows to. Updates will come, bugs will get fixed... So far so good :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

This 747 has a lot of potential.

I have exchanged a few messages with two elements from their team, and found them to be also great fans of the best 744 sim of all atimes - Aerowinx PS1.

They aim to make the depth of the systems simulation as big as X-Plane 10 allows to. Updates will come, bugs will get fixed... So far so good :-)

The Aerowinx 744 looks very detailed (obviously I'm talking about systems and not graphics). That's great news to hear, increased systems depth and updates. Sounds very promising!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Of course, the next version - PSX - will most certainly set the new higher standard in airliner simulation, and in particular , 747 simulation :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

It will have the freight version. We are expecting for march, but some  exact date we don't have yet. The freight will cost few dollars for the -i purchasers.

We expect a -i update for the same time as the freight release to  be the same standard.

Thanks

Ricardo Bolognini

SSG

Guest Mik75

It will have the freight version. We are expecting for march, but some exact date we don't have yet. The freight will cost few dollars for the -i purchasers.

We expect a -i update for the same time as the freight release to be the same standard.

Thanks

Ricardo Bolognini

SSG

Thanks for letting me know! I'll buy your 747-8i anytime soon! The FMS seems to be modelled quite well and interaction with the A/P looks very smooth and promising from what I've seen in YouTube videos so far.