Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Opinion of SSG 747-8

After migrating to x-plane from FSX, i have searched for a  good  bird to fly with.  It must support both fast and planned flight, since my best birds are T7 and Queen, and i am a "Select one and Live with it guy" my vote goes to  SSG 748.  I can start adjusting start my imaginary  portable cockpit made from saitek hardware asap.. 

Huge respect from me. 

Thanks jcomm and Ayki!

I will add that the next update, which should be released very soon (days perhaps) also includes improved external textures and normals. I can say with all modesty (because George Garrido on the team made them, not me) that they are gorgeous! I can't stop looking at them and it really makes the already good 3D model by Ricardo shine. In fact, with the cockpit textures it feels like a whole new aircraft.

But perhaps my favorite enhancement is the VNAV behavior that has been extensively reworked by Javier. I think the add-on really flies like the Queen - especially on initial climbout. I think people will be impressed. 

- Stekeller

SSG 

Hi Tom:

Well we tried to match what we see in photos of the real thing. I can tell you that it is much less than was shown in some early Boeing renders that depicted 787-like wing flex.

On the SSG 747-8, the wing flex is dynamic, so when you taxi on the ground the wingtips bounce up and down a bit. On takeoff there is some flex, and a bit more in turns or climbs when it is subjected to increased "G" forces. On landing the wings flex back down again, just like on the real aircraft.

I am not sure if I answered your question or not.

- Stekeller

SSG

Cockpit textures are starting to look better, but still need work.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Well, we are continuously improving it.

In fact, here is the SP3 (v 1.04) Update List:

- All-new cockpit textures
- Enhanced external textures and normals
- Fixed EEC in cold and dark start mode
- Electrical drive disconnect capability added
- Improved hydraulic system AUX pump behavior and indications.
- Fixed the bleed/pressurization behavior at cold and dark startup
- Added advisory regarding the yaw dampers
- Working electronic checklist
- Enhanced custom autobrake and anti-skid system logic that works well with hardware pedals
- Added “UP” indicator for flaps on the PFD speed tape
- Added slip/skid indicator to PFD
- Changed some light annunciator behavior.
- Fixed the traffic interaction with SquawkBox and the ND
- Improved ADF display on ND
- Improved VNAV, especially on initial climb
- Better ND track presentation
- Improved fuel consumption calculations
- FMC allows cruise level below 10,000 feet
- A/T Switch doesn't move down on touchdown during autolands
- NOT ON INTERCEPT HDG logic improved
- GPS/IRS(3) / or LOC/IRS(3) displayed on ND, as appropriate
- External view in replay mode fixed
- The word “DELETE” is erased when used on the FMC
- FMC messages are deleted just by pressing the CLR key
- Updated FCOM and Quick Start Guide manuals

Release will probably be in the next few days. 

- Stekeller

SSG

Brilliant!  Thx Steve.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This is great news !

This aircraft is slowly becoming one of my preferred airliners among XP and even MSFS!

Congratulations for your team work!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This aircraft is slowly becoming one of my preferred airliners among XP and even MSFS!

Right now as of this update it IS my one and only preferred heavy jet in XP :)

I'm hesitant to even go back to FSX now and try the latest PMDG update or the 300ER because of all the great aircraft and updates that we've had in XP recently.

The plane functionality looks amazing, but the VC textures still need to be improved.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thank you for the positive comments, and to those who feel it still needs work please know we will be continuing improvements in all areas (including cockpit textures).

Also, we have been releasing some new liveries, including:

- Lufthansa Fanhansa

- Boeing BBJ

Our liveries are always free - and there will be more to come.

- Stekeller

SSG

Great news.  Will be looking forward to the improvements.