Sign in to follow this  
Planeblogger

Dark ground textures at night

Hi All,

I have searched around for this, but I could not figure out if there was a solution possible for this.

Some of my payware airports have dark ground textures during the night. This is especially bothersome during winter, when contrast with the white surroundings is quite big.

Two airports I have found that have this behaviour:

- FlyTampa Vienna 2.5

- FSDG Sharm el Sheikh (Aerosoft)

I have the latest update of the fixer installed, and the compatibility slider set to full left (scenery).

Is there any solution for this problem?

Erik

Good question, I am pretty sure that Vienna has nice night lighting on its apron textures, but I haven't ever tested Sharm el Sheikh with DX9.

I don't want to go back, so why would I? ;-)

I will see if I can test it later tonight.

Erik

I will see if I can test it later tonight.

Erik

I noticed the dark ground texture at Vienna 2.5 too. Can you report on how it looks like under DX9? I wasn't sure if it's how the scenery should look like or if it is a DX10 texture issue..

Noticed the ground textures during night looked very dark at the newly released Aerosoft Thessaloniki as well.

Just bought DX10SF so wasn't sure if what I saw indeed was an issue or if the ground textures were supposed to look that dark but then I saw this thread so maybe it's the same issue.

Will do more testing the next coming days now that I hopefully will be able to use the new Thessaloniki scenery without getting OOM issues. That was the main reason I decided to switch to DX10 from DX9 and so far I'm very happy with the result!

Richard Åsberg

The textures show up with DX9 OK. With DX10 and the fixer, night textures at LGTS, HESH and LOWW don't show properly.

I have tried adding a lightfield to HESH, but it didn't have any results.

Any news as far as the dark ground textures at night in Vienna and other airports? Still experiencing the same.. 

Steve, did you manage to look into this? 

I have looked at fly tampa Dubai. My guess is that you have the legacy slider at the far left. If you move it one or two steps to the right this should improve this issue for you.