Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

SMODEL.CPP Issue

Hello Flyers!

I'm sorry I've been away for so long (career issues).  I see things are fairly quiet - I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

After installation of a TM airport scenery set for Spain, I now get an error message that dumps Fly!II.  This is the old C3d Model Load failure I used to get with some sceneries when a model pack was missing.  The missing item is TR-FR30.SMF.  Anybody recofnize this file?  Is there a model set I can download that contains it?

Many thanks!

Randall Rocke

Problem solved! - found an old post by Fonchy on this scenery.

Randall Rocke

Good to see you stopping in, Randall.

Yes, it has been very quiet in here as most stopping in are looking for files AVSIM no longer has due to the Hack attack. See the occasional post for help with render / vcf files, but sadly very little going on in here. 

Hope your holidays were good!

Best regards,

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken!

Though I haven't been browsing the forums much in the past year, I haven't been sitting on my hands with simming.  I still find it a wonderful way to relax from the daily toils and I still find Fly! to be my sim of choice.  I have worked occasionnaly on some new scenery (TS & TM) and will post them along with some Nav updates in the future.  I've followed with interest the development of Fly! Legacy and the work of ROTW.

I have found Win7 to be my favorite OS, though I must say that it's been interesting running Fly!II with it.  I am having more success day by day resolving issues.  The main difficulties have involved dealing with "compatibility files" and the apparent loss of control with some fly.ini features.

On a news note, I should mention that I have received permission from Todd Klaus to repost the TerraScene system.  Some portions will not be usable, such as the auto-download of USGS data, but it will still allow users to render scenery from my and others prepackaged TS sceneries, render from manually-loaded Shapefiles, or create new USGS sceneries by manually loading the data files.

I would be happy to participate at SimVol from time to time, but I'm not certain as to which of their forums allows for the use of English?

All the best!

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall,

I still occasional issues under Win8 with Fly! II - namely video issues. Seawind for instance, with the 2D panel (*STILL* trying to work on a 3D version after all these years!) loves to cause flashing with this GTX650 I have. I may yet head back to Win7 as it seems more stable for my setup of Fly! II. 

What loss of controls have you experienced under Win7?  I never really noticed much as long as I run everything under Administrator rights. Trial and error with the Compatibility modes from Properties tab tend to smooth some things over (such as video display). 

At Simvol, you can post in all forums in English. For topics in French I use Reverso Translation website which does a nice job.   :smile:

Likewise, I should get off my duff and upload a couple of sceneries I've done for Fly! II. Runway fixes for 4J6 (my nearest airport) and I added KPUJ up in my old county. It is just trying to get things looking good with Terra Models. Will have to go back and do some tweaking and hope to have something decent soon. To ensure I get the correct scenery files, et. al. will most likely have to reload from scratch on the older computer and then can ensure I have all the right files.

Best regards,

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster