Sign in to follow this  
camrad1983

What real world 737 pilots think about PMDG

Hello folks,

I'm bringing a quote from a fellow pilot from the aviation forum where I hang out. I find this absolutely true. The same as geometry of cockpit windows. The 737NG looks kinda tall. In real life they have a smaller cockpit with overhead much lower than default pmdg virtual cockpit.

Personally, I dont fly 737, but I'm a real world pilot too, been in NG cockpit many times.

Here's the quote:

"61000kg GW, below 10000ft. 280 to 250 kts deceleration time is twice longer than it takes on a real one. 1/3 descend ratio doesn't work (idle thrust). Vertical speeds while descending (idle thrust) are appx 30 percent less than desired. FCTM landing technique leads to a huge floating. Exactly the same way to land a real one works perfect. There is no nose-down pitch effect associated with thrust reduction. Looks like there is a small piston engine in the tail, helping her out ;)"

We need to do something about it, if PMDG is not doing anything towards this problem.

My father is a real 737 pilot and he thinks that it is really really hard with this saitek yoke to stabilize a landing but he thinks PMDG did a amazing job too.